Kodamo EssenceFM

The EFM is on sale now for Black Friday/whatever, the price for the next few days is $1111 I think. Nice!

2 Likes

Great price! Paid $1,400 for mine

@Soarer Any idea when your presets pack will drop ?

I had planned to have it ready by Christmas. Didn’t have time for much last week but I plan to use the next two weeks for more patches and refinement so hopefully before Christmas :grinning:

2 Likes

I had fun with this session of undo/redo on the EssenceFm exploring the crazy instant mangling you can do (and undo). This thing is so fast!
With 1024 undo/redos you can go back and forth pretty far using it as a performance trick.

All sounds coming from the Kodamo EssenceFM sequenced by Torso T1 Euclidean sequencer - passing through MTurboReverb and MLimiterX in Ableton Live.

Back to making patches :grinning:

14 Likes

So cool!

1 Like

Love it! Had not thought of using that combo in that fashion. The undo/redo are begging to be played…how could I have missed that?

2 Likes

Thanks guys! It’s really useful - like having hundreds of preset variations to switch between or just going back and forth between interesting settings. You can keep adding to the undo history until you have 1024 settings to play with :grinning:
Now if only you could save the undo history…

3 Likes

Good performance and very cool idea, I imagine you are “abusing” the undo/redo buttons here and it wasn’t the intended function.

After seeing this I wonder about the feasibility of a midi box that does just that. Some sort of midi time machine where CC values are automatically stored for a certain length of time/holds a certain amount of data.

2 Likes

Thanks. Not intended like this, I imagine. I think I’ll make a suggestion to Kodamo to see if they can utilize this in some way. Like simply if all these settings could be stored somehow as variations and recalled at any time. Switching voice presets is just as fast but would take up a lot of space.

I’m surprised it doesn’t make more clicks when switching like this. The clicking here is from zero attack looping envelopes.

3 Likes

Just scored an essencefm! so stoked. amazing. Dual Trackers on sequencing duty.
(instagram not working anymore here?)
quick question: What do you all set your " Digital Gain" to in the prefs? Seemed quiet on the outputs, so I pushed that to 100%.

3 Likes

Hope they release the new firmware before the end of the year :slight_smile:

I’d be interested to know what you would like to see in any new firmware. I’m always tempted by this synth and thought it was pretty much complete as-is.

1 Like

Tempo synced Delay would be nice

1 Like

There is a Huge firmware coming. Polyphonic portamento, dual feedbacks per voice, better DX7 voice import and more!
It will be released in a few days, maybe tomorrow… Stay tuned :slight_smile:

15 Likes

:raised_hands:t2:
:star_struck:

Wow , this is great !

Ok, kinda at the end of my rope here. I got an EFM very early on. Love it. When the first firmware update came, I installed it. Super easy. Haven’t been able to update it since (still on 3.1). Bought multiple thumb drives. Formatted to Fat32 and every time try I get a prompt that says “please put the firmware file at the drives root.” It’s not in a folder and it’s literally the only thing on the drive. Been back and forth with Kodamo support, but nothing seems to work. Bummed to be missing all these great updates!

EDIT!!! Stephane figured out the problem and I’m good to go!

1 Like

Ok, some great new features. Love my EFM even more now :slight_smile:

3 Likes

What was your issue by the way?