Kodamo EssenceFM

When the Mac downloaded the file, it added a number. Something I didn’t know about, but glad I do now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Glad you got it working now. The next update should be here quite soon :smiley:

2 Likes

Refreshing the Kodamo page like a madman !

2 Likes

Yep, now that I know what do, I’m golden. Looking forward to the new update, but there’s a lot that’s new to me for awhile :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good things come to those who wait :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Psst, the waiting is over :smiley:

2 Likes
2 Likes

Best new synth company in the game.

1 Like

fractional multiplier = digitone territory ?

I’ve been diving deep into the Soma and Ciat-Lonbarde instruments for a while. That’s why I sold mine but it’s a great update. I might get one again someday.

It’s the little things. I’m going to use the heck out of that envelope align guide and real-time LFO position. And I won’t have to enable anything or learn new features to do it.

And while those ratios have always been possible, sometimes it’s just easier and more intuitive to scale an op down to ¼ than everything else up by a commensurate amount.

I love it when they lean in to making what is already the most programmable FM out there even more streamlined! <3

3 Likes

Impressive amount of of new possibilities in just a single update! Will be messing with that a whole lot once I get off the road!

1 Like

Awesome !!!

How are the DX7 patch improvements?

Soarer’s sound bank has been released!
50 patches / 108 voices that cover many of the main genres of electronic music.
Most of them respond to modwheel and aftertouch, sometimes in unusual ways so be sure to check them :slight_smile:

12 Sequences / 18 Pads / 2 Basses / 18 Keys / 1 Drum Kit

Timestamps for all the 50 patches in the Youtube video

Download at kodamo.org in Support > Sound Banks section

13 Likes

Just grabbed @Soarer’s patches. Really creative stuff! Sequenced a bunch of em with my OT and did some tweaks. Probably got a couple hundred loops out of it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dirty, messy little jam with EFM and M8

6 Likes

Saving/Save As + Categories & Custom Banks:

I apologize in advance. But this afternoon of attempting to save custom patches to a custom bank has me defeated. I cannot seem to copy/past voices into anywhere except the list they are in.
I have somehow overwritten the INIT patch multiple times trying to create different patches using the “Save” function, only to have to “load from backup” to factory reset.
I created a category for my patches and even moved it to the top of the Category list. Yet, nothing I “save” there, ends up there. Some were ending up as far down as like, randomly at # 117 in an empty list.

Long pressing Save doesn’t seem to help.
I do so, and choose, say “H”, which is empty, save my custom preset there.
Then go back to my Performance, choose a voice and scroll to “H” to find my newly created sound, and nothing. Empty List.
I load a blank Performance, tap the 1st Init Voice, edit said voice,
long press Save As and it doesn’t save to my performance, and can’t find it in any list, and I’ve overwritten the INIT patch again!
What. am. i. doing. wrong?

How are folks creating whole user banks? I can’t even fill a user category.

Can someone please make a video of these techniques? Please. Please. Please.

• how to start from a blank Performance, or voice, create a custom sound, or modify an existing sound, save as to your own list, and then load that in a Performance
  • how to start from an INIT voice, Save As to your own category/Bank, and load that into a performance.
  • copy/past voices to your own category/Bank
  • Can we extract a voice from a patch list, to use as our own? Like in the “Kicks” patch, how do we copy or extract, say, Kick number 4 from the patch list, and use it as a standalone Voice in a Performance???

Sorry for the venting, but man. I’ve hit an interface wall.

I don’t have my EFM in from of me right now but copy and paste should work as expected. You’re on most recent firmware? Remember to save the patch after having pasted it. And make sure to distinguish between Voice and Patch lists. Join the Kodamo user forum - Kodamo regularly answers question there.

2 Likes