Korg ARP 2600 Reissue

That’s interesting. Did this include store dj? It’s annoying that there’s no set allocation for the country, compared with US, UK etc. I suspect there will be a number of disappointed ‘purchasers’ among us.

Yes one was Store Dj. They have sold 7 so far, all in Melbourne. I’m really tempted to get one!

2 Likes

Got email from Zzounds that my order was cancelled. I asked why and they said it’s unavailable. I figured this would happen but would have preferred them being more upfront about whether something is in stock or not

Going to spend more time on my much more humble MS-20 Mini…

1 Like

yeah, friend ordered from Sweetwater, on the first day, and got a call (finally a sale engineer call you want) to say their allotment was already sold out. He then called CME and found they still had ones available and ordered from there. Without concrete confirm of the order, it likely won’t be filled. I imagine only available units will be as result of cancelled orders.

The great thing about the 2600FS reissue is people who didn’t have a chance to experience these classic synths, have an opportunity to play one, who would’ve never otherwise, do to the nature of scarcity and price. An average 2600 OG starts from US$10,000 on Reverb and climbs up in price depending on condition so Korg nailed it at US$3899, its just doable at that price.

13 Likes

Gorgeous! What a work of love and craft that thing is.

1 Like

2600 Acid (Getting very TB-303 acid tones out of this beast on sample and hold and filter type 2 setting --not what expected !)

5 Likes

if you’re using feedback on an Arp 2600 you’re always doing the right thing.

(scratch that… on ANY synth)

2 Likes

Released on Prince Charles’ birthday in 1994 Julian Cope “Queen Elizabeth” features Thighpaulsandra flying through deep space on an ARP 2600 synthesiser.

2 Likes

Another Julian Cope masterpiece featuring Thighpaulsandra on 2600 and mellotron

1 Like

So for those that missed out on the Korg reissue – i see as alternative to the TTSH, there is a maker in Spain that has a remake of the 2600 in a slightly reduced size.

4 Likes

Finally listened to a demo. The Antonus sounds pretty good!

It’s not Behringer cheap obviously but sits in a nice spot, price-wise, between Korg’s official reissue and the B, when considering that the Antonus is all through-hole, no SMD.

5 Likes

Hey buddy, can you use the MIDI of ARP?

I am trying to sync my Analog Rytm tempo with the ARP arpeggio but it does not work. Any suggestions?

There is no MIDI sync.

1 Like

What about CV? By MIDI to CV conversion

I don’t have the Korg ARP here, but if I recall, there really is no way to sync that arpeggiator. It doesn’t have any MIDI functionality and there is no trigger/pulse/clock I/O. Maybe I’m forgetting something, but I don’t think I found any way to sync it when I had it in for review.

1 Like

I don’t have the Korg 2600 but from looking at it, seems the arpeggiator speed is controlled by the LFO speed, right? and there’s an LFO out. so it should be possible to get a clock pulse from that LFO, and sync to that. you may have to go through a CV to MIDI converter to get it. I know RYTM has some CV ins, but I don’t know if they can sync to a CV pulse or not.

1 Like

May i suggest the Antonus 2600 instead it is:
a) available
b) costs less than the Korg ARP 2600 did
c) is slightly smaller than the original, while being more authentic to it’s design
d) is not made by Behringer, but made by a small enthusiastic company in Spain.

I posted about it in this thread a few posts up.

2 Likes

Maybe if you live in Europe but unfortunately importing the Antonus in Canada the price would be about 5000$ CAN. About the same price has the Korg.
Looks absolutely gorgeous though !

1 Like