Korg ARP 2600 Reissue

I think so too, what comes to mind for me is that this is crafted as opposed to manufactured.

The additional cost for you sucks — Canada is a wonderful country, but I’ve heard from others too that their duty fees are exorbitant.

Where can you buy the Korg ?
My point was directed toward anyone who really wanted a 2600 and was willing to pay that amount, and felt the Behringer version was their only alternative now that the Korg is no longer an option,

Jbuckley92 also felt that the Korg ARP 2600 was too large, and the Antonus seems the “Goldilocks” just-right solution for that too.

2 Likes

Yeah - I’ve clocked my Eurorack this way, from the LFOs square wave. Admittedly I’ve not gone further - to MIDI ( as I don’t really use it ) but from an analogue clock it should be simple - in fact thinking about it the clock input on my ERM Multiclock would of course turn this into MIDI clock. I’ve also clocked stuff like my Subharmonicon from the internal ( S&H) clock on the 2600

Yep - this is exactly what I was going to go for if I hadn’t have been lucky enough to snag a 2600 FS
Definitely a better opton than Uli’s effort.

I’m still quite tempted by the ARP style sequencer Antonus do, at some point down the line actually.

1 Like

RUMOR: A Korg ARP 2600 Mini.

IF this is for real, they’ve got to be close to the official announcement with it getting leaked like this. I’d also hope there would be stock for this pretty quickly.

Actually the Korg SQ-64 looks pretty cool by itself !

ADDED : SynthAnatomy took this page down, not sure if this temporary, or something more permanent.

4 Likes

2 Likes

Korg is about to steamroll the holiday season. :open_mouth:

3 Likes

I would take that as a sign.

1 Like

the sign my ttsh is going to down in value RIP. Long time coming to be fair and im pretty excited for it regardless. they need to make a mini 2500!

2 Likes

Just when you thought you were out. They pull you back in.

1 Like

How does the Korg reissue ARP 2600 FS compare to the vintage 2600 and the Behringer 2600? I’d love to get those classic synthwave sounds from Carpenter soundtracks on it.

1 Like

It is built to spec. It’s bigger and better looking in person.

This is handmade in Japan too. Wow what a good price.

1 Like

I wrote a review of it on its initial release (linked above). I have a vintage MkIII, but still wish I’d bought the Korg FS the first time around. I am now wondering if I can manage it this time. It was a true thrill to play that thing. I really don’t have room for two 2600s. Or do I… :thinking:

6 Likes

would love to try one out before buying. I spent my free funds on taxes, a new backyard fence for my place, and fitness home gym equipment this year.

2 Likes

Investment grade synths. :money_mouth_face:

3 Likes

It is a truly luxurious instrument. Absolutely top-notch quality through and through. It isn’t like, say, the Moog modular reissues, or the current Synthis - it’s not build exactly like the old ones. It combines surface mount and through hole technologies. However, it sounds like a 2600. It feels like a 2600. It even smells like a 2600 (not kidding). The sliders are smooth and responsive, the jacks are all solid and make a good connection. It is beautiful. I’m trying to figure out if I can make room for it alongside my MkIII…

7 Likes

I’m in the same boat. I don’t have enough room. I could swing the 2600m instead.

1 Like

this is why I passed the first time around. and eventually picked up the 2600m. doesn’t mean this FS isn’t tempting me too though!

2 Likes

How’s the 2600m holding up for you mate ?

I am eyeballing some gear in my room that suddenly looks less useful than it it did yesterday… :laughing:

4 Likes

perfectly. works and sounds just like the OG. and I get the added convenience of using shorter patch cables. plus midi and usb. can’t go wrong, really.

5 Likes