Korg ARP 2600 Reissue

You broke my arm. I’ll get that instead.

1 Like

fwiw, the Korg sale is US-only. didn’t see that mentioned above. this mirrors some of their other Reverb sales.

One last question. Did yours come with a mini suitcase and keyboard ?

mine did, yes. there’s two versions: one with the mini keyboard and one without. both come with the suitcase (though in black or silver, depending upon which version you get). the mini keyboard isn’t necessary in most synth-based studios (it’s literarally just minikeys and PB/mod wheels), but it is convenient. I used it for about ten minutes, then plugged in an SQ-1 (which it powers).

1 Like

Cool. I was going to hook it up to the cirklon. I live life 16 steps at a time.

5 Likes

Needs to be on a t-shirt…

7 Likes

oh wow thats awesome to hear! Would love one and MS 20 full size next year to play some Daft Punk and OMD riffs on these.

1 Like

If you can get one, do, if my advice. It’s a truly beautiful thing. A proper instrument. And actually, when you consider what you get, it’s actually excellent VFM I think. I love mine.

4 Likes

But don’t take too long to decide…

Sadly, I may miss this window of opportunity myself. I might not be able to rustle up the cash in time.

3 Likes

Nope. I managed to get my order in. 7 left as I type this.

4 Likes

And then there were five…

Four.

Two.

And one…

And they’re gone. For now. I suspect some orders will be cancelled. I noticed Sweetwater lists it as “in stock” but you have to call. Yet Korg’s Reverb page claims it is a Reverb.com exclusive. Maybe some were set aside for Sweetwater, or perhaps Sweetwater was allowed to pull from the available stock earmarked for Reverb.com? Hopefully, they didn’t oversell the available units like the first time around.

3 Likes

Who knows what happens on Thursday. Oberheim could release the four voice. Reissues will keep coming brother. I’m sure they will make more2600 reissues

1 Like

:heart_eyes:

1 Like

folks over at MW are saying theirs shipped within 24 hours. so it’s not a months-long wait like in 2020. and it’s 170lbs so prolly not a lot of people eating that return shipping cost to return theirs… maybe SW has an exclusive deal if Korg finds enough parts to make more…? or Korg just had the exclusive sale first and there’s more coming…? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Ah yeah, that would make sense. I think the original run of these was speculated to be 300-400 units, and the “exclusive” Reverb sale looked to be just under 100. I think I saw mentioned some coming up for sale in retail stores in Australia before the Reverb sale, so hopefully that means there are more of them coming sooner than later. If I recall, the production of the cabinets (or cases?) seem to be a limiting factor. Maybe this has changed.

In any event, I’d love to see these things big or small getting into more hands and on more recordings. In my opinion, it was and is one of the best analog synth designs ever conceived. This will be the third I’ve owned and the fourth I’ve used, and I am still learning new stuff I can do with it. It’ll be nice to do that stuff with scratch-free sliders.

4 Likes

Seems that they are back in stock at Thomann, (well, in 5-7 weeks.)

2 Likes

Ah, that’s good news. It seemed a bit weird that the Reverb sale was US only. Maybe it was because they have releases planned for other countries, too. That might also account for the very limited number of available units for the Reverb sale.

I just noticed that they’ve now vanished from Sweetwater’s site.

Interestingly, it shows up when I search “Thomann USA” for it, and at a significantly lower price than the that of the Reverb allotment. Thomann can’t actually ship some products to the US, but if they can ship this one, and if they do so for their usual flat shipping rate of under a hundred bucks for a large item, this could represent a significant savings for US buyers.

3 Likes

Looks like the Reverb sale is back on.

Is the Thomann link available to Uk buyers? Its showing dollars not pounds. I’m very tempted.

1 Like