Korg ARP 2600 Reissue

My link was in dollars because it was a search specifically for Thomann USA. The link posted above was not.

yeah I’ve gotten a couple Reverb notices this morning that it went back up, then down, then back up… I think people are cancelling orders and those are becoming available. because the available units count has been in the single digits each time it was back up.

2 Likes

Ah, I figured as much.

Thanks.

So does the main synth module weigh 130lbs?

" The prices shown exclude VAT" The price on your link wasn’t including the VAT, it seems. Hence the difference.

This link says 3999 Euros including VAT. But given the current $/€ conversion, it still wouldn’t be a bad deal to order in the US-shop and have it delivered from thomann to a European address ;). It seems not to be possible, though.

I would guess the vintage one weighs about 20-30 lbs. I read that the new one weighs more (despite having surface mount components, which I’d think would be lighter) and Korg is stating 42 lbs for it. I think the covers for the modules and controller, plus the road case and packaging are what brings it to 170 lbs shipped weight for the whole enchilada.

1 Like

UK price shows that they charge additional £25 for shipping (to UK). This is normally free.

If they ship to US I suspect they will add whatever shipping will cost them. This thing is big and heavy. Someone I know got one in the first run from Andertons, and Andertons delivered it themselves (not via courier) with their van they usually use for delivering pianos! (not saying it’s as big and heavy as a piano, Andertons just felt it’s easier to do that, rather than pay a courier).

3 Likes

Was Jack driving or the help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ha ha, it wasn’t for me, so I wasn’t there. Would’ve been funny if Jack was the driver/help.

2 Likes

Passed up the full size reissue but maybe I’ll get the mini one so I can do the PYT bass

3 Likes

Funny, a friend sent me that one today

1 Like