Korg Drumlogue

The two rows of four leds are probably similar to the old Electribes with 64 step patterns. The EMX and ESX, which have max 128 steps use two rows with eight leds.
IIRC the upper row shows how many bars are in the pattern and the lower row shows which one is selected for editing.

3 Likes

Agreed, thatā€™s a flexible and interesting sounding machine.

Volcas are amazing and really more capable than they get credit for but they are smaller/more fiddly than Iā€™m into at the moment.

3 Likes

That visual shows Audio In, which I guess could go through filters and effects.

This and a volca fm would be a cosy couple :fire:

1 Like

Yes, that was the reason why i sold my volca drumā€¦otherwiseā€¦i liked the sound and possibilities.

1 Like

This thing looks cool. Hope we get more details soon!

1 Like

I agree. The engine in Volca Drum is tons of fun and very expressive (with not so good interface). I am not sure if any ā€œanalogā€ additions are really needed. Maybe for the Bass Drum only.
I hope they wonā€™t abandon this engine.

3 Likes

I have high expectations for this. I loved the Electribe ER-1 MK1 when it came out, and i hope that this will be as fun and as immediate to use, at least.

1 Like

When you look at the list of drum voices you can see after the various BD, SD etc that there is SP1 and SP2 - which I presume is sample playback, then there VPN which I presume is an FM drum voice, there is NOISE, and lastly there is USER. So unless they include a Volca Drum style voice in USER (in the way they included a wavetable oscillator within the Minilogue XD user oscillators) then I donā€™t think itā€™ll be there. Unless the VPN can get into that zoneā€¦

If the sound lives up to the (anticipated) feature set and the price is below a TR8s then I think they could be onto a real winner here.

4 Likes

Bram Bos, Tim Shoebridge, and Sinevibes have all made ā€œdrum machinesā€ for the -logue/NTS platform. Korg would be foolish not to include the ability to load user algorithms, even ā€œmelodicā€/synth tone ones!

7 Likes

Ithinkthatstheplan)

2 Likes

Still waiting for a six track User Oscillator and Gadget hardware groovebox from Korg. :smiley:

2 Likes

Itā€™s been a while since the last Electribe versionā€¦ hope springs eternal!!!

Ouch, missed that. Yes, you are probably right. My assumption was that bigger Volcas extend the capabilities of predecessors. Letā€™s see, maybe they will change the design during development.

Yā€™all stop it.
I canā€™t be getting hype for something that doesnā€™t exist yet.
BUT I STILL HOPE ITā€™S AWESOME

Iā€˜m interested if, when, how and much too.

Gimme before world breaks apart!

:joy:

1 Like

Korg might add VA and virtual acoustic synthesis of Prophecy to Drumlogue or new 37key synth in more advanced form. That is exactly what they did with Wavestate a few years after the release of Wavestation vst. But donā€™t hold your breath. It is only my speculation.

I thought Wavestate was purely sample based.

Or have I misunderstood your post?

I meant Wavestate and Wavestation VST. Both of them are sample-based,

Well, all nice and cool. But. Where is it!

I saw the replies and hoped it had been announced properlyā€¦

3 Likes