Korg Drumlogue

You’re right, I didn’t get the „first look“ part, just like I didn’t get the Logue‘a‘rythm joke just until very recently. Oh dear. What’s wrong with me?

I still want to hear some different beats from this thing. Please please make it like a super Volca Drum with a stronger sequencer. I loved the one I had, but Elektron sequencers have spoiled me.

2 Likes

Can Drumlogue load Machinedrum sysex?

No. SysEx messages are generally unique to an individual model of instrument.

1 Like

so… is this vaporware?

Probably not. Ten months since they announced they were “working on” this. So that was an early announcement, earlier than usual.

You’re right to ask. I hate long drawn out, early announcements.

1 Like

Korg seem to wait until they’re pretty close to shipping if I remember right with the Modwave and Opsix before revealing anything more significant than a tease. Given where we are in the year, I’m presuming they’re waiting until NAMM for the reveal… if nothing appears then, maybe the vapourware terminology may be applicable. Which would be a shame… looks like it has potential.

1 Like

Been sequencing it with my Syntakt, definitely really cool way to kill time while waiting for Mech Suit shield battery to charge. MIDI retrigging has been a real game changer.

12 Likes

Feel bad for those who don’t pick up on the joke.

Winter namm that usually happens in January, has pushed back until next june, so hopefully they aren’t waiting until then.

That’s a low blow

4 Likes

Superbooth 22 is in May.

Musikmesse is a couple weeks before that.

1 Like

Musikmesse still exists?

What is reality ? Maybe – According to the internet :

Aha, ok. I just thought it’s closed. Can’t remember of anything important being announced for us synthnerds on Musikmesse in the past three or four years. Superbooth is so much more glorious…

Google Musikmesse KORG.

Shows quite a few hits from 2013 to 2018. Looks like KORG is there regularly.

My point being there are two international shows around the same time before NAMM when KORG could make announcements.

I really love my Korg Monlogue and it gets rinsed almost daily. I think I have over 300 patches saved and organised. The sequencer is only 16 steps but you can squeeze a lot out of it with some lateral thinking.

I know it’s not from the Monologue team but I have high hopes for the Drumlogue. I like the look, size, similar build to the Mono. They should probably forget about batteries for this one though. I find they barely and hour in the Mono.

Important to me are;

• effects (modulation of these would really be killer, the ER-1 did this so well)
  • user samples
  • analogue filter with hi pass
  • quick and playable sequencer with a decent number of steps
  • the ability to switch patterns without switching patches/sounds :pray:t4:

I’m not even hugely bothered about individual outs on this one (although all drum machines should have this really).

7 Likes

If they put the engine from the volca drum in the drumlogue…that would be already pretty cool.

7 Likes

Yeah, Volca Drum as the foundation for the digital side of things would be a great starting point

1 Like

As a reminder how that thing looks:

Didn´t notice before…it seems to have 128 steps?

3 Likes