Korg Drumlogue

Don’t get that argument.
You can run any sound through some quality effects and it will sound good? You could even make a snare sound with your mouth and run it through a dope FX chain and it will sound great ;D

To be fair, it almost uses exclusivly stuff from other machines. So its hard for me to see it that way. Don‘t get me wrong, I like it but I think its far beyond what it could be if Elektron would decide to let it free😄

You’ve piqued my interest in an Aortan Oral Snare sample pack :smile:

1 Like

Good drum machines though.

Like, whatever you might think of them personally, they are good drum machines.

Anyway, this is all way off topic, I’m out, because it’s a properly silly thing to be disagreeing about.

3 Likes

yeah. Syntakt.

3 Likes

I bought a Rytm Mkii last night for less than twice the price of this and I’m happy

1 Like

Haha need to look in to that asap! :joy:

1 Like

If I’ve learned anything from the Wavestate and OPSIX it is that you underestimate Korg at your own peril.

Korg clearly has an amazing product design department. Drumlogue looks very complete out of the gate, and Korg has been delivering amazing updates post-launch.

I’ve got a MD Mk2UW+, an AK and a TR-8s. I have no need for a Drumlogue, but I’m intrigued and curious enough that I’ll probably pick one up when they go on sale.

My prediction is that people will have a lot of fun and make a lot of great music with these little boxes.

2 Likes

Will @Fin25 fall for the new Syntakt OS and rebuy it?

1 Like

Unlikely.

The update isn’t going to be a sample engine, so I’ll just sit back and enjoy all the crying from the comfort of my Perkons.

3 Likes

Didn’t even know he sold it haha…

But yeah, I wonder if the new FW update is partly in response to other drum machines coming to market… personally just having a simple M:S-style sample playback option would be a killer update all by itself. If they threw some physical modelling stuff in there I’d be over the moon.

1 Like

Drumlogue
Sweetwater says $600.

1 Like

$50 more a TR-8s, which is practically impossible to make sound bad versus the Drumlogue, which, according to the videos released so far, is practically impossible to make sound good.

3 Likes

In theory, this release should answer all the prayers of those who wanted a Sample Machine on the Syntakt, right? But 32 Mb…

1 Like

Different people like different things, I sold my TR-8S after 6 months, didn’t like the sound or the workflow …guess it just wasn’t for me! Some people will prefer this I guarantee it! I think it sounds pretty good!

9 Likes

@OscillatorSink did a very comprehensive run through video, nice to learn each sound has resonant filter, and that every parameter is plockable including sample slot.

I think it seems like an interesting machine, even if the sounds have not grabbed me yet, I might end up getting one eventually. Seems feature packed.

6 Likes

As always if you make a hit album with it then its a great device.

1 Like

The second beat is very nice!

1 Like

Hello beat number two…

Filthy.

5 Likes

My thoughts exactly, much more my taste than the very ‘clean’ TR8S that other seem to love.

2 Likes