Korg Drumlogue

You mean $320 ? Actually the $600 USD seems a. pretty reasonable place to start.

1 Like

This thread is a journey through bi-polarism.

2 Likes

I think it sounds crisp, the sdk engine is a step forward, also the host port, but compared to an MPC One ? Why is there no SD slot? That sounfs silly. With that SDK resampling the internal machines would have been endless possibilitys. Having 4 external out, this might be still a good machine for live usage. The TR8s with its interface is appealing with that alone. Good midi faders are not cheap either.

1 Like

Seems like a poor manā€™s Rytm for sure. I wouldnā€™t write this thing off though, seems to have some flexibility to it. Would have loved to see analog hats and a bit more memory.

1 Like

No micronudge yet again. Thats why Elektrons are ahead of the game in drum machines.

You mean micro timing? It has that.

3 Likes

planet elektro built in pattern sounded ā€¦ a bit ā€¦ terribleā€¦ (its on the loopop vid)
i think it was supposed to be planet rock .
the 3 beats from Slic above sounded quite nice/speedy J.public energy ishā€¦ (mostly due to the stereo distortion)

overall ā€¦ itā€™ll be dropped to $149 when/if they release the vstā€¦
disappointing with no surprises and very little innovation.

I just saw perkons sonic state vid - more my style though Iā€™m sure drumalogue might go into similar territory.

I just bought a Syntakt (again) yesterday, then saw this released this morning and got buyers remorse for like 5 seconds. Drumlogue looks pretty dope. I was ready to buy one when it was announced in 2020.
Definitely looking forward to trying one of these in the shop. Pairing one of these with an XD would be super tight.

1 Like

Oh thanks for the heads up. :slight_smile:

However, weā€™re all different.

The whole fun of the Volca Drum was for me the Resonator, which the LXR-02 doesnā€™t have.

I think the LXR-02 is so desired because all the demos sound like mean Industrial, and the Syntaktā€™s didnā€™t. Meanwhile I am able to do everything the LXR-02 does with my Syntakt, but better and meanerer.

And then, I really hope Syntakt doesnā€™t get Sampling, just because I want other features.

The intro music in Loopopā€™s Drumlogue video had me laughing out, because it sounds so much like like 90ā€™s Soundblaster General Midi at first ear. Maybe such demos will make thing sell like crazy, perhaps at least to everyone who is subscribed to LGR.

ā€¦ just my opinions! ā€¦
bla-the-simpsons

12 Likes

Yep and itā€™s called Offset on the Drumlogue.

2 Likes

To be fair out of the big 5 groovebox manufacturers - Roland, Korg, Elektron, Akai, Novation - Elektron and Korg are leading the way WRT sequencer functions, and actually as of 2022 Korg with SQ64 and Drumlogue have the most stepwise variety:
P-locks/motion seq*
Probability*
Micro timing/offset*
Ratchets/retrig*
Step count/polymeter*
Scale divide*
Trig conditions/iteration*
Direction (not certain if Drumlogue has this, SQ64 has)
Loop jump

*Elektron also has these.

6 Likes

Volca Nano-Joint

1 Like

I think the E2 offers more bang-for-buck: i.e. more voices, more flexibility, itā€™s more intuitive, and I personally think it sounds better overall. Hereā€™s hoping the street price is comparable at least, otherwiseā€¦

Cheers!

1 Like

The looo certain steps function is s cool idea.

What about a fart? Would that sound great? Better than this new Korg?

Did I just throw down a new challenge? Am I farting into my microphone as I type? Am I saving $600 by sampling/chopping all these Drumlogue demos at a furious pace as they are released?

Am I the baddie?

Thanks for naming my next album.

3 Likes

This could be a pretty potent snare? Itā€™s very hi-fi Freesound - "Fart32.wav" by Jagadamba

What about Polyend? The Play has a pretty interesting sequencer that does all that, and some moreā€¦

And whatā€™s with the lack of MIDI Thru?
Same handicap on the E2ā€¦ Very frustrating.

Why doesnā€™t anyone adhere to standard MIDI spec anymore (rhetorical question)?

Cheers!

3 Likes