Korg Drumlogue

Honestly, I still think this of everything I’ve heard from the Syntakt :no_mouth:

4 Likes

I own a Syntakt but the Drumloge sounds just as good to me one some of the user videos (not the reviews), in fact beat 2 of the videos I posted earlier may even better. The transients before the analogue sounds make a big difference as to the much bigger range of effects.

One thing I do know for sure as a NTS1 user is the highly regarded SDK engine can definitely sound much better than any single Syntakt engine we have currently, most of the current Syntakt engines are very simple and quite bland and we don’t have true poly like the Drumlogue.

2 Likes

The core sound of the A4 isn’t that exciting too.

2 Likes

What is this connector for ?

edit: ok, midi controllers… well in my book not a compelling feature against the TR which is itself one great midi controller.

gives up making electronic music

4 Likes

does this device have a kick drum or do you have to buy a volca kick for that?

3 Likes

Your A4 work leads me to believe it really is the machine and not the synthesist

Let’s go, I made a drum loop with a fart sample as kick drum, in Bitwig.

What do you think?! :thinking: :hushed:

2 Likes

I hope you know if you got that fart from Splice there’s no way you’ll be able to claim ownership of this banger.

4 Likes

Haha no I made sure to get it from Freesound (Fart32) to stay in the clear :joy:

1 Like

everything is better on paper!

19 Likes

I prefer gel or liquid but it’s nice to see this thread finally taking off in the right direction.

2 Likes

FART 32

From now on that’ll be the only format in this house.

3 Likes

Imma be honest I had pretty low expectations for this thing and it still disappointed. I couldn’t even get through the loopop video which is saying something I could listen to that guy read the phone book. My question is, does this thing have active step or step jump? To me those are the two coolest things the volcas have going for them and if that wasn’t included in this thing that was a huge oversight.

2 Likes

At first I hated it because it had “Drum” in the name. Now I see that it has “log” in the name, and I am starting to warm up to it.

4 Likes

That is a hot take indeed!

In all seriousness I am intrigued. I’d probably not pony up any $600 but I’d love to take one for a spin when they start showing up on craigslist. I’ve heard plenty of sounds I like, it’s just that they never seemed to be strung together in any compelling fashion until that video @SLiC posted. Both the second and third beats in that are great and the first one isn’t too bad either. I’m certain I could make plenty of stuff I like with this thing and probably enjoy the process as well. I can see that the layout isn’t exactly how I’d do it but nothing looks like any kind of dealbreaker.

1 Like

Yup, I wasn’t being dismissive in any way though. :slight_smile:

I am feeling the same way. $600 feels a bit steep, although I would like to take one for a spin. I’m sure I can get some sounds going on it that I like. I was stoked about stereo samples, but if I understood Loopop, due to the AD envelope length they can only play for 4 seconds max. Also some clicking if moving start point on longer samples. Kind of a bummer. Having some separate outs is nice, I think that should be mandatory on all drum machines.

2 Likes

I didn’t take it this way, don’t worry.

1 Like

there ist just one drummachine left i would buy:
vxxy dcm8