Does it come with tweezers?

1 Like

Damn, I never thought of that, tweezers,genius :exploding_head:

ith the twee

32MB?! LOL

Might as well not have it.

I like this drum-machine, but the BD could use more parameters

1 Like

The parameters that they chose to put on the pots are a head scratcher. None of those are being used outside initial sound design. So it’s like 15 pots for hands-on control that won’t be too useful for performing.

3 Likes

I’m interested in this response; are you saying that the TR8S can use it’s sequencer and act as a MIDI controller at the same time? I would be stoked to hear this is true.

I don’t get how you say it’s not “cannibalizing” other Elektron gear but then specifically ignoring the products it does “cannibalize” in favor of comparing it to products it doesn’t.

It has an analog filter and drive that’s reminiscent of the Analog Heat, it has literally the analog engines of the Rytm and the digital engines of the model cycles. Just because it doesn’t sample like a Digitakt doesn’t mean it’s not cannibalizing other things Elektron has made.

For the people bothered about knob size:
https://www.thonk.co.uk/shop/micro-knobs/

Work on Volcas and Aira minis too.

2 Likes

Could the SyncOut of the Korg Drumlogue go to the Clock of a Korg MS-20, and thus be in sync (Modulation Generator, etc)? Is that how that would work?

Yes, all channel pots and faders send midi CC. Check the midi implementation chart here: https://static.roland.com/assets/media/pdf/TR-8S_MIDIImpleChart_eng02_W.pdf

1 Like

Akai S1000 users would beg to differ.

7 Likes

Peter Gabrial made his first album using 64 kilobytes worth of samples (Fairlight) and managed a top 30 Album worldwide, Kate Bush similar. We are all spoilt now! Now, only having mono samples, that a different story, no one can work with that :wink:

9 Likes

1988 wants it’s 32MB storage back.

And when was the s1000 released now again? :smiley:

This is a fact. So its got nothing to do with memory size. Just a lack of talent.

1 Like

I think that was his third solo album, also known as the ‘melt’ album.

Wow there, he had multiple diskettes full of delicious 64k content. :wink:

32MB was massive in 1988! All of the computers I used back then still measured RAM in KB. My Amiga 500 was 512KB. I think my first PC in 1996 was still only 16MB that I later upgraded to 32MB.

Incredible how times have changed.

2 Likes