Korg Drumlogue

I hope you buy one because I will buy your sample pack of it for sure.

3 Likes
9 Likes

I just ordered one. :rofl:

7 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

Picked up one of these this week. Anyone who has one noticing a lag when slaved to midi clock?

Also seeing a lag when triggering externally, from the AR for example.

1 Like

hope you figure that lag part out. The new Korg looks interesting! I love my old Korg Volca beats and Microkorg.

Im sort of ok. I have an ERM Multiclock so I can get it lined up but its not ideal. Ok if I fully sequence from the unit but not if I want to sequence externally.

Not tested sending ccā€™s yet but assume they would be the same as sending notes so lagged.

Iā€™ll send a query to Korg to see if they confirm. Seen one post on gearspace which mentions the issue both nothing else.

1 Like

Mine just arrived in the post. Nice fit and finish, some of the shift combinations are a bit awkward, made some nice patterns, I like the groove/swing templates. So far only tested by itself over headphones, Iā€™ll drop by the studio and sync it (hopefully) with the rest of the rig and share any findings, Happy Logging! :evergreen_tree: :axe:

2 Likes

The new update lets the shift button latch and itā€™s easier to do some shift combos, not sure if thatā€™s what was awkward for you.

Have you tried making it the master to sync up? Does it send midi notes to whatever synth you have connected to it?

So far Iā€™m liking the Drumlogue. Arrived this afternoon and havenā€™t had a chance to do much with it but I have extensively worked through the analogue kick engine and itā€™s really meaty.

6 Likes

The kick can sound HUGE. One of the best parts of the Drumlogue, IMO.

2 Likes

This thing can do some real cool shit. Just wish some shit was more logical but yeah, gonna use it for everything from this day onwards.

1 Like

Letā€™s hear some PROPER demos, people! Some of what Iā€™ve heard sounds OK, but yet to hear the beef of, say, a Jomox kick, or the snappy perc of a Nord drum. But if itā€™s in there, iā€™m sure one of you lot will find it :slight_smile:

Edit: forgot that Limbic Bits did one a while back. Some nice examples:

This dude gets pretty deep as well:

5 Likes

The coolest thing Iā€™ve heard so far actually is when EZBot gets into the distortion options of Boost starting hereā€¦ thatā€™s sounding pretty massive to my ears.

https://www.youtube.com/live/gPff1vMK_fU?feature=share&t=2522

3 Likes

Man, I love my digitakt but this little guy is kinda right up my alley for jamsā€¦ just this and a good mono would be hours and hours of fun! MUST RESIST. DO NOT NEED.

2 Likes

Still chipping away at it, definitely a quirky user flow, Iā€™m getting faster at where I want to go after a few days soloing it. Up next is studio integration and recording, gotta load some single shot samples in as well

1 Like

Interested to hear more. Is it a sync delay (constant shift in time) or does it follow sync ā€œunstablyā€ (jitter)?

Iā€™m hoping to get a couple of demos up once Iā€™ve finished sampling this thing, the demos and preset kits donā€™t do it justice in the slightest. Typical loveable quirky Japanese sounds but not indicative of the grit and nuance available.

3 Likes

Its a constant delay. I have an MPC one and it exhibits the same behaviour. Maybe 1 or 2 notes might have an occasional jitter if listening against a metronome but fairly solid, but a constant delay of 15ms or so.

Like I say Ive used the ERM to line this up when clocking. But when triggering via midi I get the exact same lag, only this time I canā€™t do anything about it.

Ouff, that sucks.

Latency in case of the MPC is no surprise: it is essentially a (cheap) computer in a box running linux.

But for a drummachine it is hard to fathom. E.g., both the Elektron AR and Roland TR8s, which are both quite capable devices, have less than 2ms latency.

1 Like