Korg Drumlogue

Having a very frustrating time syncing up the drumlogue with the sq64. When I use sync out it produces a buzzing sound so it’s unusable. When I connect it via midi out it sends notes.

I don’t know how to have it so it’s just sending clock and not notes. Very frustrating!

Set them on different MIDI channels?

syntakt killer has arrived… :troll:

2 Likes

I’ve entertained a few thoughts on getting one because it is cheap. The lack of meaningful sample storage memory (32mb???) is seemingly very stupid though - or perhaps it will force better creativity through limitation. Dunno really.
Do I need another drum synth :no_good_man:

1 Like

Let’s see how long it takes for one of us to crack and buy one.

At this point I’m wondering whether I will regret not getting one now while they’re this price. I remember I was on the fence about the LXR-02 and regretted not picking one up at the original price.

1 Like

For drums, it´s not so bad actually. Organizing and backing up samples is easy. Similar to the OT, you just connect it via usb and you can access the storage (AFAIK kits can also be backed up this way). With good project organization, a bit of sample trimming and possibly relying on the Logue synths and/or single cycle waves for synth duties I´m sure you can get a lot out of it.

Btw, seems like the demo did its job^^ Drumlogue is gaining steam!

True that on price! I had the LXR but the interface and firmware gremlins drove me to get rid.

I’m really hoping for a Volca Drum style variant as have a few analog drum synths already. The Modor already serves this purpose I suppose, but a smaller form factor may be preferred.

It also would have been good if the main L&R outs could be reconfigured as individual voice outs for 6 total outs.

Having heard lots of videos I can’t help but think it sounds really thin / weak. Maybe that’s just the audio via YouTube. Other drum synths can sound great through YouTube though, so not sure

1 Like

After reading through the Drumlogue manual, I’m disappointed that it doesn’t actually have a synth model for cuíca.

4 Likes

I tried that but for some reason no matter what setting I use it sends out midi notes on every drum. I’m sure I’m overlooking something but it’s bizarre…

1 Like

Do you have any kind of MIDI processor or patch bay that can filter out notes but pass through clock?

It seems that you indeed have to set a midi channel. No channel isn’t an option.

But when you set the Drumlogue to transmit on a channel that is not used on the SQ64 (Drumlogue global parameters -> midi routing (button 7) and under midi tx (button 9) you set program change off, cc off and transport on and clock source (button 12) to internal - does that work? It will still send notes, but they should not affect the SQ64.

If you can’t get it to work, could you use the SQ64 as master?

The video title makes it kinda hillarious imho, but you know, music is hard to quantify. Some people seem to like it.

I wanted to like the drum machine, but the sound just doesn’t appeal to me on any of the demos, shame because the features and hands on nature look ok.

Yeah, me, too…I’ll definitely check it out when the store around the corner has them in stock, but kinda dissapointed. Lol, being dissapointed about a new drum machine sounds a little strange…but I really like those little machines and twiddling knobs on a friends’ EMX-1 was my first groovebox experience, so not that strange probably after all. :slight_smile:

In the dark of night,
when all is quiet and still,
you shouldn't shart in your shants,
it's a habit that gives me a chill.

The sound and the smell,
are both so unpleasant and vile,
it's a habit that will make you revile.

So please, take heed,
and heed my advice,
it's a habit that's not very nice.

Instead, find a bathroom,
and do your business there,
and leave your shants unsoiled,
and free from the stench of despair.
7 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

‘leave your shants unsoiled’ moved me

1 Like

Going to custom paint my DrumLogue with the words “CUICA SHANTS”

1 Like

woO DrumLogue should be in the mail this week! Anyone else Stateside receive theirs yet?

3 Likes

Looks cool but I think that getting a new Rytm MK2 last year on sale was the right choice for me. Only the Perkons and Modor look interesting to me as far as drum synths go.

1 Like