Korg Drumlogue

Music Radar review for anybody interested:

Still not really seeing it in stock though.

2 Likes

Any examples? I didn´t hear any Queen of Pentacles (amazing kick drum btw!) and didn´t get any Erica Techno Sytem vibes in the stuff I´ve checked out so far.

Got one today, I actually think it sounds really good! I was underwhelmed with YouTube videos, but I’m liking how it sounds in person! I have too many drum machines to list, and this one is solid so far.

I think the UI could be a little better and some of the design choices seem a little strange but I’ve only had it about 30 min so far. Just thought I’d leave an impression early on!

7 Likes

Awesome. When you get a chance maybe post some audio as I too was underwhelmed. I love the concept so would be glad to have my mind changed.

1 Like

cuĂ­ca
cuĂ­caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
:joy:

6 Likes

Glad to see CringeMaster4000 alive and kicking!

That’s a really tasty master filter, I have to say! Although the master effects are either comp, filter, saturator, eq or a logueSDK effect. So master filter means no comp…or would it be possible to do a combination with the logueSDK? Possibly even a comp+filter+saturator thingie? I’m not really familiar how that works…

I have the feeling these will drop price sooner or later.
I don’t think they gathered much excitement from anyone, and I can picture a warehouse with lots of these just gathering dust…

3 Likes

wtf is happening :smile: I’m kinda laughing but also sad :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes
2 Likes

Questionable demo. :stuck_out_tongue: The new update does add some nice functionality though, especially the chromatic midi.

Formerly Festival Brazil, the 2023 version has morphed into the Brazil Samba Dance Festival. Like the regular Brazil Day Festival, it will take place in the Event Square of Tokyo’s Yoyogi Park.

Brazilians make up the third biggest immigrant population in Japan, so this festival has been a huge event for the community as well as with non-Brazillians.

Attendance estimates for past years (pre-COVID) have been of more than 100,000 people.

:man_shrugging:t2:

Already posted somewhere else on this forum, the demo that starts at 09:25 of this video is the only one I found nice

6 Likes

Elevator Sound have them in.

Elevator Sound Bristol (@elevatorsoundbristol) on Instagram: "Getting stuck right into the new @korgofficial Drumlogue, straight out on the shelves and patched in for a jam as soon as the shutters are down 💥 loop mode is a joy, gonna get stuck into...

Y’know, £529 ain’t too bad.

2 Likes

I don’t know what the others think, but I just didn’t find it well used in this track. I also doubt the harmonic clash of the two bass instruments was intentional (although I love minor seconds).

Anyway, is it possible to open the enclosure and solder a Volca Drum in?

6 Likes

It’s a Brazilian rhythm machine. That’s what’s going on.

3 Likes

I kind of agree, but also don’t feel competent to judge.

• I have no idea what the kids are listening to here in Chicago, much less in Rio or Tokyo
  • Doing it wrong on purpose to annoy the elders is probably something kids have been doing since the first teenage Neanderthal stole mom’s bone flute.

OTOH

• Korg has had a few recent missteps - particularly the SQ64
  • This sounds a lot like what I used to make on my MC-303 by randomly pushing buttons before I even had an inkling that I had no clue. (these days, I’m pretty sure I have no clue)

When I went looking for information on cuíca / Samba music, I was surprised to be reminded that Brazilians make up the third largest immigrant group in Japan. So taking a little from column A and a little from Column B, Korg may be attempting to target the Dromlogue at Samba enthusiasts and landed wide of the mark like they did with the SQ64. (maybe just on the marketing side - it seems like a decent enough drum machine to me, but it doesn’t seem to significantly exceed the capabilities of my MD or TR8s)

2 Likes

keepin’ my syntakt and my tr8s

3 Likes

It seemed like halfway through he/she was gonna just give up and walk off, but changed mind and played it off as a another head nod…

I love his channel. He definitely goes in depth on reviews

1 Like