Korg ElecTribe ER-1 still popular?

I’m thinking of getting an er-1 for some added percussion.

How do other elektronauts like this box?

I got an ER1 just this week, it’s lots and lots of fun, you can instantly change the sounds on the fly very quickly.
For the price you can get them for i think it’s worth it.

This YouTuber has an interesting use for the ER1’s audio ins

2 Likes

It’s been growing in popularity, and that’s showing in the used market. You could still find them for around $120 a year ago, and now it seems like they’re going for closer to $200. I keep wanting to pick one up for couch jamming, if nothing else.

one day I ll get her again… claps really nice also if I may add this… leightweight but should not be underesetimated …damn, playing 2 of these, just the stock rytms seems pretty cool …
she was my 1st hardware drum machine, and will therefore have a special place in my heart

I had it as my first drumbox too, but at the time I still had a lot to learn…

Since today I’ve got a nice mk-1 again :slight_smile:

Will probably turn up in one/ a few of my next tracks for Upstairs Underground

The combination with A4 is brilliant, nice to be able to add filtering over the summed output of the er-1 and to add some (parameter locked-) FX.

Also nice to get the basic drumbits going from A4 (Kick, Snare, HH) and to fill in the rest with the freaky fm-sounds from the er-1.

I’ve had an ER-1 mk2 for many years. Lets just say that even though I have a RYTM now I still drag out the ER1 for fun. Its just so instant and enjoyable to jam with.

1 Like

:slight_smile: nice one, how are you going with the ER-1?
I am actually having trouble mixing it in with my AR sounds, I will have to continue to experiment with it, adding some FX from Ableton etc

Just picked up a Korg Electribe ER-1 today and also found this unofficial update. Seems pretty awesome that you can replace the pcm samples on it.

I am sure they’ll be happy! That’s awesome. I may just flip it to make money, but I’ll play with it a bit to see if I may want to keep it. Considering selling a few different pieces of gear to fund a Digitakt perhaps.

Quick question, the delay seems to be a global effect. Is there any way to only have it effect 1 track / sound at a time?

I think the MKII has delay as an assignable effect. The MKI doesn’t.

2 Likes

my first drum machine <3
I love the old Electribes. After that one I got an EM-1, wich I enjoyed deeply (and IMO the best sounding Electribe -that low end!!) although way more limited in comparison to following models.

I remember how excited I was the morning I learned they were releasing the new (last) models… only to be increasingly disappointed as details started to emerge.
But hey, thanks to that disappointment I saved up for an Octatrack, my first Elektron and a huge step up the ladder in terms of gear for me.

Going back to the OP: it’s a fun machine, quite particular sound. If you find one for cheap, go for it… that beeing said, the iPad / iPhone app sounds EXACTLY the same, I was quite surprised (don’t own it, but I’ve heard it online).
But I know, hardware is hardware…

2 Likes

Should I only buy things that are ‘still popular’. ?

1 Like

That’s a good call out. Don’t buy it because it makes great sounds or has an awesome workflow. Is it popular is the question?

I just bought a MK1 on eBay! Should arrive after Xmas.

I always wanted one but couldn’t afford hardware when they first came out.

Anyone still using one?

2 Likes

I’ve been using mine again recently. This was one take: Current sounds coming from your gear - #8814 by Skypainter I’ve also used some kicks from the Er-1 on a couple of tracks I’m working on; with a bit of processing they can sound really tight and sit really well in the mix. In all it’s got a quite unique digital character, but can also sound pretty fat. I think I’m gonna have to get the Electrive Shaman OS

1 Like

i miss mine so much. i hate that i sold it…

Owned one for a few months and sold it. That was a fun little unit. Would’ve loved to take some loops from the er1 and chop them in M8 Tracker…:cry:

It can make really great sound.
But this 64 step sequencer without kit,plock, sound lock make it a rigid.
I had it for 20 years sold it.
It was the kind of device that I would not sell, but decide to sell it, because too much complicated to use nicely for me.

I think with a better sequencer this is would be a really great unit. It’s really simple synthesis inside, but it sound so good.
Could not understand korg not doing a MK3 with a better sequencer.

Well it arrived today, having a lot of fun. I wasn’t sure if it still had a screen protector on it, so I asked my wife to check and she peeled it right off LOL

I’m tempted to pick up an ea-1 now!

1 Like

Korg just released a VST version and iPad tribe was released some 10 years ago.
Imo does not worth much as a hardware, only if you really need it.