Korg Modwave

Vibes of René Laloux films!

(still not sure if I like the synth or not :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Layer A: No oscillators but a self-oscillating filter with cutoff modulated by a quantized sample and hold LFO. ARP is added

LAYER B: MS-20HPF cutoff modulated by freerun sine LFO.

Added in Vermona '14 and perFOURmer at :25 as analogue drone

1 Like

I really like my Wavestate but don’t know that the Modwave offers enough difference to also get it. I do like these designs that the Korg U.S. group is putting out. Modwave is the third release from them and I wish that Roland would release the Boutiques in this form with decent keys and better inputs and outputs.

2 Likes

Sweetwater is listing the Modwave for $849 U.S.
I paid $899 CAN ($710 U.S.)

I probably would have thought twice at 849, but 710 was a good price for brand new.

2 Likes

-modulations used

1)Unison number of voices by total number of notes played

1. Pitch LFO speed controlled by Filter LFO amount

2. Osc1 Position by Kaos angle

4)Physics X tilt by Note Number

5)Physics Y tilt by Note number

-briefly backed up by Vermona 14 for compare and contrast

I have had my Modwave for 4 days and
I finished this patch to be layered A and B

1 Like

Modwave System Updater v1.1 is out now. Along with support for loading user samples, they are releasing Editor/Librarian, Sample Builder.

3 Likes

Ahoy, does anyone here have the Korg Modwave!? It arrived today and when I turned the knobs I immediately noticed that, for example, the cutoff value jumps from 67 to 70 Hz and only then runs smoothly, is that normal? With the editor, it goes immediately smoothly.

I don’t have one but the OpSix had an option to control the knobs behaviour, try checking the option menu.

2 Likes

Thanks very much!! Would be super cool if someone here knows how I get this attitude !? I’ve tried everything - that’s what it looks like, I just touch the slider very lightly and it just jumps, which doesn’t really benefit the sound …

Dropbox - IMG_9397.MOV - Simplify your life.

Check page 93

Thank you!! I’ve already read that with the scale and jump. but unfortunately this has no influence on my problem. i operate the regulator and it jumps at 3hz at first, almost all regulators react so strangely. only when I continue to turn without stopping does it run smoothly. But as I said, first it jumps and that is really annoying, because then e.g. the cutoff jerks out …

if someone here has a modwave, it would be really cool to know if you have that too - here’s the video again, I hope that makes things understandable!

Dropbox - IMG_9397.MOV - Simplify your life.

Performed on a OS1.10 Modwave

Backed up by MS-20Kit
-Waldorf Blofeld custom Keys patch E019 “Chirp 20”
-Vermona '14 (muted) controlling a Vermona perFOURmer

2 Likes

Nope, the only way I could get that behavior is if I used the ENTER key to scroll in large amounts.
When I scroll with the VALUE key, the cutoff amounts are very, very small increments.

1 Like

so you don’t have that? if the cutoff e.g. is exactly 67 Hz and when you touch the control for the first time you try to turn it to 68 Hz, is that possible? For me it sprints to 70 Hz …

if I hold down enter and turn the cutoff knob, nothing happens, the number stops …

Addendum: the value controller changes the values ​​in small steps and if enter is held down, larger steps take place. that’s right. only unfortunately it works with the e.g. Cutoff regulator not, it would be cool if you test it for yourself and let us know whether you have it that way.

If Cutoff is in focus on the display and I use the Value to turn the cutoff
I get very small values of change,
if Cutoff is in focus AND ENTER is held, then large values change.

With the value control I can go say 67.00 and then 67.01, 67.02,67.03…67.98 etc in values of .01

1 Like

You do not hold down Enter and Cutoff, because as in the manual this only reads the value.
You hold down ENTER and turn VALUE.

The VALUE knob by itself gives you small .01 increments at slow moves of the control.
Fast moves of the VALUE knob give you larger increments.
Holding ENTER and VALUE gives you the largest increments.

1 Like