Korg Modwave

hey, I know that with enter, as I said, I read that too … it’s about e.g. the cutoff control itself, if i turn it alone, it initially jumps by 3Hz. I just can’t explain it any other way, my english is too bad - what a shame! would have liked to know if that’s the same for you, because it’s very annoying when I have to send the synth back.

Contact Korg Support. They will be able to work out if this is a defect, and if so help you get a replacement.

1 Like

It’s not a defect. The Cutoff control goes in .5 increments, and the VALUE goes in 0.01 increments.

2 Likes

I have to say, if you move the CUTOFF slowly and deliberately, it will move in 0.5 increments.
Besides, use the VALUE control for fine control.

Please read the section in the manual about CUTOFF, it clearly says it goes in semitone increments.
If you want fine control of cutoff, use the VALUE control. This is all I can say on the topic.

1 Like

hey !! thank you for your commitment here! of course i have read everything possible in the manual before i asked here. but for me it is not a 0.5 step at the first touch. if I e.g. Turn the cutoff knob (at the first touch), then it jumps e.g. from +71.30 to 73.60. , then I continue to turn, only then do the mentioned 0.5 steps come. and yes, the value controller behaves exactly as you say, but I don’t want to operate all the controllers on the value controller during the jam. almost every controller behaves in such a way that it jumps at first. the problem is if it doesn’t run smoothly, the signal reacts too jerkily instead of softly and smoothly. i use the device to produce atmospheric sounds for ambient techno, so that just bothers me.

Of course, he has already been contacted, but we have not yet received any feedback. therefore I asked here once.

2 Likes

Do you have any external MIDI plugged in that might be interfering?
Grasping at straws here.

that’s not the reason, I just removed the midi cable. : /

i think i have to come to terms with the problem, it’s just stupid when jamming. With the arrangement, everything is automated by OT anyway. the modwave is really a great synth that adapts to the sound of the analog elektron gear. I really don’t feel like sending him away for two or three weeks …

LAYER A and B
All filters bypassed
Wavetables with unison and LFO modulation of Positions
Tape Echo on Layer A and Master Reverb on Layer B

-Backed up by Vermona PerFOURmer

…The BLO hasn’t just felled, the BLO has phallen!

1 Like

-percussion: Korg Monotribe as bass drum
: Korg Monotribe as random sine percussion

-keys: Korg Modwave (set up as 2 oscillator, high note priority mono)
:Vermona '14 with Vermona perFOURmer as 6 VCO mono (last note)

1 Like

Does anyone have a Modwave next to a microwave XT? Wondering how it compares. Especially I. Regards to character of sound. Got a line on an XT but it is a similar price to this new.

Hey I can’t make sense of the manual. It’s about the MIDI CC from Modwave. I want to control some parameters with the OT, so far I’ve only found out that you can automate the four MOD KNOBS, it’s very easy, but what about the other parameters? You can of course fill the MOD KNOBS with all parameters, but unfortunately there are only four …

By the way, if anyone is interested, this cutoff jump is normal that I reported. I spoke to the dealer and a video was sent to me, which confirms the whole thing.

Page 2 of manual:

Modulation

Most front-panel knobs and on-screen parameters are modulatable. Hold MOD and press > to create a new modulation routing. When viewing and editing modulations, hold MOD and press < to filter the list. See the Mod List Info page for an on-screen list of shortcuts.

Page 67-69 lists all the modulation sources. Including:

CC + MIDI CC treated in a unipolar way.

CC +/- MIDI CC treated in bipolar way

1 Like

Hi,

here’s a demo video of Korg’s modwave with a strong focus on patches for Ambient, Melodic Techno and Electronica. I’ve to admit that I’ve definitely underestimated this synth. It offers a lot of exciting features and an overall great sound that tends to be a bit more on the HiFi side… Maybe you find it interesting.

And if you’re even invested in the sound pack, here’s the boooo-spam-sucks-intro-discount. Use the code „TIDES“ during checkout to get a 25 % off.

5 Likes

I had a browse through the manual but didm’t find any info. Can anyone tell me, can the step/motion sequencer and arp transmit midi note and cc values? Thanks

The short answer is no.

2 Likes

Thanks! I like short answers.