Korg Modwave

I’ve just kicked off a series of videos about the Modwave’s sequencer which I think is amazing, but also super weird (maybe ‘unexpected’ is the better word?!).

This first video covers concepts common to all of the sequencer lanes and then goes on to talk in depth about the pitch sequencer.

The next video on the Mod and Shape lanes is already in the can and just needs editing, but I’ve just ordered a Syntakt and also I’ve just got covid, so we’ll see how that goes…

6 Likes

Wishing you the best.

You do great work. Thank you.

2 Likes

I’m currently feeling pretty lucky; symptoms are mild for me, just a bit of a head cold/sore throat and a bit sleepy, but thanks for the well wishes!

3 Likes

I would be so very very happy and eager to buy if Korg released the Modwave as a desktop module, akin to Minilogue XD.

4 Likes

All 3 units currently in this range would sell really well as desktop units I think. I don’t know why Korg aren’t into the idea.

6 Likes

Here’s part 2 of my series on the Modwave’s sequencer. This video covers the assignable modulation lanes including looking at eschewing the pitch lane in favour of the Mod lanes to do duophonic sequencing and the shape lane, which honestly, to my great discredit, I slept on for the longest time but is really powerful.

2 Likes

I don’t know if you know already, but the modwave has the knob mode set to Scale by default. This can cause the knob to do bigger jumps until you reach the actual parameter value. From there on, it will go by 0.5 steps.
So this is normal behaviour.

If you don’t want that, set it to Jump and the parameter will immediately jump to the current knob position and thus move by 0.5.

1 Like

Hi guys! Can Modwave do what Vital or Serum vsts can? Especially those dnb bass, neuro bass and other dnb complex sounds.
Thanks!

1 Like

I’d get an opsix desktop module in a heartbeat. I already have a DN Keys and just dont need to add on inferior set of keys to the mix haha

3 Likes
2 Likes

I create a chord cluster with Hold button on and left it until end. (drone)

Listen to the wavetable journey.

Patch name: “ttatskrew 22”
Modwave patch: filter bypassed on both Layers.
subtle ring mod on both layers, speed of RM controlled by kaos “lfo”

Backed up by Vermona '14 playing a mono addition to the journey

. Board effects: Strymon El Capistan into a Strymon Deco.

SHOW LESS

1 Like

my review:

11 Likes

Always love your reviews as you eventually go into darker territory ;D

2 Likes

Brilliant stuff man! Did you get to try the Wavestate yet? I seriously think you gonna love it!

1 Like

I’m confused. He just posted a review of it 2 posts above lol.

2 Likes

My mistake, I meant the wavestate - just edited

1 Like

Whoa! Epic indeed.

1 Like

I’m completely unable to approach a synth this way, I need to turn carefully, slowly, plan, think and ponder. I really envy you.

1 Like

Thanks everyone! I haven’t tried the wavestate yet but hopefully soon

2 Likes