Korg Modwave

Typically with Korg a “Lane” is a destination for motion recordings in the sequencer.
i.e.
Lane 1, pitch/gate
Lane 2, Filter Cutoff
Lane 3, EG Decay
Land 4, LFO depth

equivalent to a lockable parameter on an Elektron, or a “Track” on a DSI/Sequential (Pro2/3)

3 Likes

and all for the price of $399,95, right? What’s your guess? 1000?

WHY CAN’T WE LOAD OUR OWN SAMPLES! (not wavetables)

1 Like

I remember now. I did own a Minilogue for several years. :joy:

Hmm :thinking: only 1 filter per program though (maybe I’m wrong)?

I know there are lots of filter types but I would like more than 1 filter for a synth like this.

There’s a multi-filter mode option as well.

2 Likes

Ah okay, it’s more interesting now again. I’ll look into it some more, thanks!

1 Like

They have said no desktops for op six and wavestate. Apparently they don’t sell.

I had a Wavestate for a bit. Traded it for a Sherman filterbank and haven’t looked back.

The UI was sub-par. Most of the time you need to alternate between the rotary encoder and the two +/- buttons, and reach above a bunch of beautiful knobs and switches you end up using like a fraction of the time. The screen is very low resolution. Copy/paste And adding steps to a wave sequence was in a third page sub menu.

1 Like

As a reminder for those who want more Wavestate opinions, there is an existing Wavestate thread

I’ve seen other sites mention 799 Euros

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t see how this would sell for any less than the Wavestate.

I need more videos of this. The Soundcloud tracks are not doing it justice, I am sure.

64 step sequencer confirmed from Korg person on the Slutz of Gear site:

1 Like

need more videos , but ive been wanting a wavetable synth for a long time, this could be it

I was wondering the same. Seems quite a departure from the 8000. Probably just thought they needed to anchor it to something tangible. Those separate layers look nice. Pretty damn powerful on paper.

2 Likes

Definitely a Hydrasynth module competitor with both around $800. This has a deeper sequencer, the xy pad, gigabyte(s) of samples, 2 layers, AND a software editor. My Hydra is getting nervous, but we’ll have to see how it sounds and how the usability of it all is.

2 Likes

KORG | Free Listening on SoundCloud here’s the soundcloud with new tracks with it on it. sounds really good. I can imagine feeding it through an analog filter and some sutble bit crushing would be very tasty

1 Like

Hydrasynth has polyaftertouch though, and the ribbon.

2 Likes

I wrote “module,” not keyboard version, so no ribbon, but yes the square pads do poly-AT.

2 Likes