Korg Monologue

No. That’s why I use the DT to sequence it.

2 Likes

I just leave the sequencer running and record turned on while I twist to draw the twists exactly where I want them, Korg designed this so brilliantly!

I should say that I bought my Monologue basically new in box 1 month old for $180 USD… is there a better value anywhere?! I see them for $200 and think I should just get another in a different color. I also noticed that the new price has risen to $344. Mine is black, which do you all have?

1 Like

I’d like to get a spare in Black or Blue.

I know the little fella’s going to get Humus on it, stick Lego in it, break the slider etc.

1 Like

My first one was black. Then I sold it. Later bought one and Guitar Center accidentally sent me silver. I ended up liking the silver color a lot more than black. Go figure.

2 Likes

I love my little Monologue. I bought it when they were £299 and it was worth every penny. Now they’re about £200ish last time I checked I can’t think of a better synth for the money. Other gear has come and gone but I think I’ll always keep my Monologue. It’s almost impossible to make a bad sound with it. I wanted a red one but at the time only black was in stock everywhere. I’ve grown to love the black but they actually look cool in every colour.

2 Likes

I have a blue Monologue. I actually find it pretty cool design wise.

3 Likes

You know, I’ve not touched mine since I got my Minilogue XD just presuming there was plenty of overlap… even put it up for sale here (and no one seemed interesed) but all this talk of the sequencer has got me thinking I need to re-evaluate it!

1 Like

Yeah I only ever had the original Minilogue to compare with but the sequencer on the Mono destroys it. Once you get really familiar with it and have the muscle memory down and have the menu option memorized to clear all motion sequences you can seriously rip on the Monologue, and since you can duck the sequencer by playing live it makes it really fun to program sequences, play live variations or fills while the sequence is running really seamlessly, and record over your existing sequence in real-time at any point by hitting the record button. The flipper switch that takes you between the sequencer modes is ultra cool for editing slides etc really fast and the sequencer buttons are great to slide your finger down while pressing to do inversions or partial inversions of your slide sequence!!! Ugh I love it so much!!! It’s one of those synths that feels alive and wiggly and you can program a sequence and morph it out endlessly for hours.

Program a sequence, and then on the steps that aren’t being used for note data in that sequence, program in a fun little alternate sequence. Then you can do the finger slide on your sequencer buttons to switch to your alternate with zero delay!

6 Likes

Yeah, I just been staring at the Mono and MiniXD side by side and considering your points… I definitely need to find some time to get to grips with the Mono again.

1 Like

The thing that caused me to start using it a ton after it sat in my closet for quite a while was to just keep it loaded with batteries and keep a 1/4 to 1/8th inch adapter permanently stuck in the headphone jack. Now it sits near my front door on a shelf and every time I go out on the deck to read a book or chill I just grab it and take it with me. I typically have a pair of decent in-ears in my shirt pocket so it’s basically zero effort to start using it. When I had to locate the AC adapter to use it it was a non-starter, never bothered hooking it up when all my other studio synths were already ready to go and hooked up.

So my advice is to keep batteries in the beast at all times!

4 Likes

Love my Monologue (blue) maybe even a little more than my Minilogue xd because of the portability and immediacy. I recently hooked it up to 2 DOD rubbernecks routed parallel/ping-pong with the insert points and that combo sounds just beautiful. My favorite jamming tools at the moment.

2 Likes

I also have the the blue one. I picked that color as a homage to my old MS2000. But it really is one of those synths where all of the colors look good to me. I wouldn’t mind a gold or silver one. And I also keep it loaded with rechargeable batteries. Ready to roll. Just dig it out from where I left it last, and good to go.

1 Like

I had one in blue, sold it, and just bought one in black the other day! It arrives tomorrow. Can’t wait to send program changes at it from the Digi!

3 Likes

Monologue has been one of those synths that Ive always had an eye on but never purchased. I see them used for 150$ all the time and it seems like a stela really.

Maybe i should pick one up… but i also want a minilogue XD…

If you see them for $150 and aren’t buying, that’s crazy!!! Buy the next one you see for that price and I can personally guarantee your happiness and well-being.

2 Likes

Yeah, it is a steal for $150. A battery powered analog synth with a great sequencer is too good to be true at that price. And I really like the sound of it. It can do it’s own brand of acid jams, but it also gets real woofy and gnarly with the drive, which I like. For the price, it is a pretty versatile little synth.

4 Likes

There’s absolutely nothing out there to beat it at 150 IMO. Fantastic little synth.

1 Like

C, D, E♭, F, G, A♭, B♭

Yes same thing…

Try writing it out on the lines and spaces (staves). See the problem … ?
P.S
There are other theoretical reasons too, like having wrong intervals in chords.
And this are only the same frequencies on piano keyboard , using equal temperament. OT

1 Like