Korg Nu:Tekt DIY Synth kit

Some notes:

• For some reason, the NTS-1 turns off (goes to sleep) after 20 minutes. It’s a simple button press to wake it back up, but you can also toggle a setting to make it stay on while plugged in.
  • While you’re in the settings, I can’t remember if you have to turn on the audio routing to the effects or if that is the default setting.
  • The fx are really nice (in my opinion), and I like the simplicity of only having a couple knobs to tweak.
1 Like

The default audio in routing is before mod, but the default input gain is -6dB for some reason. I set it to zero when I was changing the sleep setting.

1 Like

this helps a lot. the 20min auto off is pretty annoying, but its fixed in 10sec…

3 Likes

Just while everyone is talking about effects, how does it pair with an octatrack as an effects channel?

Do you mean “how does it pair?” or “how well does it pair?” or “how good are the effects?” ?

1 Like

In case anyone needed a bit of extra motivation…Sinevibes released a new delay today and it looks incredible…

Also, I think I’ve said this here before, but the filter pack from dirtboxsynth is a true game changer for the nts1 standalone and even more so when the nts1 is being used only for its fx…. Not only are they incredible sounding filter algos, but they slot into the mod fx slots, turning this little beast into a very capable lpf/bpf/hpf for anything external.

7 Likes

Thanks.
Knowing that the effects on Nu:Tekt are good, and that it can be used as an effects send on the Octatrack…
Have any users found the effects a good step up from the on board octatrack effects?
I’d imagine it would at least be quicker and easier to get good results.
But I’ve yet to see a lot of specific detail on the topic.

1 Like

DirtBoxSynth rocks.
but beware — Everything bundle from DirtBoxSynth is the precursor to Sinevibes Korg Collection :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: tested on myself.

2 Likes

did a short test Video with DN and NTS-1 using the new Droplet effect.

4 Likes

Droplet is sooooo good with acid lines!

2 Likes

Getting damn hard to resist those SineVibes algorithms.

2 Likes

Did you try parameter locking/modulating Droplet, out of curiosity? :thinking:

It’s certainly possible…. I’m doing the tracker equivalent of p.locking with it, should work with anything that can send cc’s.

1 Like

Yes, I know it is possible, but I was curious as to what it actually sounded like since I don’t have Droplet. :slight_smile:

1 Like

:joy: My bad! FWIW, droplet is making even a 50$ Yamaha ‘toy’ keyboard sound incredible… if @jottwehh posts another video i think it’s safe to say you will be satisfied with the results.

2 Likes

Not yet, maybe I could do that tomorrow.

[edit] works absolutely perfect. No issues. @papertiger

1 Like

Is there any video around showing how these sound?

1 Like

apparently no video or sound demos specifically for that pack…

At about 3:30 of the Mod FX Bundle 2 video.