Korg Nu:Tekt DIY Synth kit

This is amazing. I popped mine open to take a look and those points (audio in/out, midi etc) are not visible on my board? Do you know if there’s particular revision that’s needed to get all that? I’ll add a photo so you can see what I mean.

1 Like

Oh wow! That’s why I didn’t notice those pins when I built my first one!!
Looks like I’m working with revision ‘C’ now… It was purchased new within the last few months (I have one that was purchased when they were first announced too, I suspect it will look like yours when I pop it back open to investigate).

Cross referencing our pics I see a lot of component moves and missing labels on the debug pins for the older rev…. I’d bet that the first wave of builders out in the wild all had the same feedback to korg for a more accessible board.

Unfortunately my circuitry knowledge is woefully insufficient to offer further assistance in modding these without the pins to hold my hands…. aside from suggesting that any new nts1 will likely have the rev C board included.

1 Like
6 Likes

I do not have Facebook - is there additional explanation in his post about what is going on??

This is it in full:

For some time I have felt that Korg have somewhat turned their back on their own brilliant invention, namely the extendable digital user oscillator found in the Prologue, Minilogue XD and NTS-1 synthesisers. Yes, they have added it to a drum machine yet to see the light of day, but their constant stream of all-digital product releases are direct competition to us small independent user oscillator developers.
I say this as someone who developed a digital waveform user oscillator recreating the classic waveforms of the DW-8000, and a vector synthesis user oscillator that utilises X-Y controllers including Korg’s own, only to see Korg subsequently produce an all digital product that embraces those same capabilities in one box.
So as a last hoorah for anyone interested in my user oscillators, I’ve put everything on sale at a whopping 80% discount until the end of the month. Given Korg’s direction, I have lost interest in developing further oscillators, I have ended up becoming some kind of third party unpaid support tech guy for their poorly implemented MIDI USB drivers!
For the time-being you can still find my user oscillators here:

5 Likes

Wow, thank you, @bibenu, that was very kind of you to do.

This news is incredibly disappointing as Mr. Shoebridge’s algorithms are awesome. Hopefully none of the other developers move away from the (super niche incredibly small) platform.

Thanks again.

2 Likes

wow! purchased them all, will look what i purchased later :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

holy…! Vector is down to $3.80. That is criminal. I already own the two I was most interested in (Vector and Digital Waves) but these prices are tempting me to purchase the ones that I haven’t been that interested in. :grimacing:

4 Likes

Big thanks for posting this here too. I had drone and chord but just picked up 6 more. My nts-1 is going to become even more useful :+1:

1 Like

Yeah also just got all of these, plus the sinevibes bundle last week - thanks all for the heads up :v:

2 Likes

warning: my NTS-1 has been sat exclusively on my desk for the few months i’ve owned it, and the USB port has gone funny so it keeps powering off unless i press the cable down with my finger. destined for the bin, i didn’t really gel with it anyway

(EDIT: if anyone in Bristol wants the damned thing, come get it, it’s yours)

Looks like Korg published two effects - a bitcrusher and stop fx. You cab find them here (aaaall the way at the bottom):

https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/product/0/832/

Edit: DOTEC-Audio created the FX, not Korg.

3 Likes

What is “stop FX”? A Web search gets me, um, unhelpful results…

1 Like

I’d happily take it off your hands but I’m some distance from Bristol, alas.

I don’t know. I think it has something to do with the sound a tape can make when stopping it. The music kids talk about it.

2 Likes

Details and video here:

3 Likes

Thank you, sir.

1 Like

Thanks. It seems clear that the main purpose here is not to provide new effects but to stimulate user programming. I wonder if Tim Shoebridge’s criticisms had anything to do with this…?

new Sinevibes plugin: Stator
https://www.sinevibes.com/korgstator/

3 Likes

In the 2nd video, where is the audio coming out from on the NTS1?