Korg SQ-64 Track 4 MIDI Question

I have a Volca Sample, and you’re supposed to be able to switch the MIDI channel in the Global settings on the 64 for each of the separate sub-channels in Track 4, so I can have a different sound play for each in the hand dummer mode. When I switch the channel in Global the sound changes, but for all eight sub-channels at once, not just one.

I saw a video that clealy showed a guy assigning each sub track to a different instrument on the Volca Sample. It’s this video:

He sets the Volca up at about 2:13. When I try and do what he’s doing, the same sound on the Volca gets triggered on all the sub tracks in the SQ-64. I wish I knew what I was doing wrong.

maybe I’m not understanding but when i do this with volca beats and keystep pro’s drum track I have to refer to the volca’s midi implementation chart and map the drum pads (the chromatic keyboard) to the corresponding volca drum sounds.

Is that not basically what you’re trying to do? If so, look for the volca sample midi implementation chart and use that data to set it up. I’m not familiar with the sq64 UI so I can’t help you there. good luck.

for reference:
USA_volcabeats_MIDI_Chart_E.pdf (208.7 KB)

at 2:25 in the video there’s a cut scene where he realizes he’s on camera and has no idea wtf he’s talking about. does something off camera and then cuts back in. there’s probably a step missing in the explanation which is why it’s not working for you. go back and watch for the cut after he says “global…and then”.