Korg Volca Knobs! Kits!

Hi

Anyone know where I can find these knobs for the Korg Volca Sample ?

Any other design & kits suggestions for the Korg Volcas ?

2 Likes

volca is too hard to see where you left the knob in most lighting, even with a line as those have. Especially if you want to motion record and get back to the same spot. They look ok, but if you intend to pay money and go to the trouble of replacing them because you want to use the volca as it’s own control surface you would probably have better luck with something like this where you can feel and see the actual position in lighting which is less than ideal.
https://www.amplifiedparts.com/products/knob-plastic-set-screw-vertical-pointer-051-diameter

amplified parts has a lot of different knob styles, check it out and see if there’s some that you like. amazon has a lot of knobs as well.

1 Like

Looking for the one’s in picture.

Need to know the knob size & the shafts.

1 Like

Damn they have a real nice selection. Thanks for the resource, fixing to upgrade some potentiometers.

2 Likes

you need me to pull the knobs off my volca and check? are you just looking to buy a volca and don’t own one to check for yourself?

those are just generic knobs. not volca specific.

The height above the base and the overall height will be a bit of a juggling game - you’re best to find anecdotal info about users who have found the right balance

There’s a bunch on here

The key thing is 6mm splined

Splined Shaft Knobs

Not that my opinion has been requested, but these are all too chunky - I’d aim to source something closer in size to the original, less chance of nudging a neighbour

2 Likes

knobtron makes volca specific kits, but they look nothing like what you’re after. these are rings, they’re uv reactive. it’s the only volca specific knob I’ve seen personally, but there may be others I’m not aware of.
Knobotron - Tactile UV Reactive Knob Rings – Uwyn

hard to tell from your picture but I’m guessing it’s these 6mm knobs from amazon:

Taiss 10pcs Potentiometer knob,Rotary Knob,Black Metal 6 mm Knurled Shaft Insert Dia.Rotary Encoder knob Switch knobs,Volume Control Knob 15mm Dia. x 16mm Height: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

I googled metal 6mm pot knobs barrel black and chrome, if you want to see if there’s a better match.

Want the one with the smooth edges.

1 Like

5pcs Potentiometer Knob Knurled Shaft Black Aluminum 6mm Shaft Dia. Rotary Knob 10mmx15mm Volume Control Knob | Harfington

a lot of fish in the sea.

3 Likes

The tops full aluminium not ringed.

1 Like

I have some of those in the 2nd photo but can’t remember where I got them from. I’ll post back if I remember.

1 Like

Still looking for these knobs anyone know or can find it ?

1 Like

You can’t see which parameters have motion recording if you put opaque knobs on… just saying.

1 Like

I’m slightly confused by what’s going on in this thread. Is there some new internet search strategy where you ignore helpful answers and just keep repeating the same question until someone else does the work for you? :wink:

4 Likes

Oh my goodness incarnate. Laughing audibly whilst rolling down the mountain my friend.

Slugz literally just caught a slug. Pap.

If I could heart this myself, I would say giggity.

Lol, @pmags! now he’s deleted his numbchuckery. Cute.

Pokes @Slugz

:kissing_heart:

1 Like

@shigginpit, we don’t have the time to be this helpful lil bunny! Let Slugz find his own creepy crawlers and sslippery sssslick knobery. Ho ho ho. We have peanut butter to further experience. Come on wabbit!!!

• Dashes into woods.

Moral of the story. Be kind and helpful no matter what. :thread: Award trophy :trophy: to @shigginpit and even @Slugz. I like slugs. The wet kind. Well the slimy kind. I mean, the ones with goo not blood coating.

And to Prophet Paul for the nudgy wink. A bouquet :bouquet::bouquet: of flowers or two. And a single man standing ovation and recycling indian tear stream.

Yo @Slugz, Transparent Blue Davies 1900H Clone Knob - Etsy Sweden

I like these personally.

Also…

https://www.reddit.com/r/volcas/comments/rddsbs/knob_fatties/

1 Like