Koto patch from DX7?

I’d like to know if anyone has an idea about how recreate this patch on the Digitone. It was named “Koto” on the DX7, and though it was intended to sound realistic on the higher notes, more importantly to me it sounds really cool when you play lower notes for bass.

I know the Digitone is only a 4-Op synth with limited algorithms, so I don’t know if can be done. But maybe it can get close? I don’t know which algorithm was used on the DX7 to create it, but apparently it’s also in the Korg OpSix too so if anyone has either synth maybe you can chime in with some details please? Thanks.

As an example of what it sounds like, listen to the low notes played in this OpSix video from 7:20 - 7:35:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdXxQjX5F18

1 Like

If you have some FM experience, this might be useful. It’s a screenshot of “Koto” made from KQ Dixie (iOS).

1 Like

Thanks a bunch! I’ll see if I can make sense of it. I should mention I found a Koto preset in the Digitone, but it didn’t sound anything like the original. I tweaked it a bit and got closer, but still misses the mark.