Labelling tape for mixing desks

Amazon.com : Labeling Tape - Clean Removable Console Tape | Adhesive Tape for Light Control Board, DJ Mixing Board, Audio Mixer, Arts and Crafts, Office Products, Ink Pens and Markers | Tons of Uses - 1"x20Yds : Office Products

1 Like

If the adhesive causes lasting problems you’re obviously not pulling your studios apart and rewiring often enough, that’s the real issue.

1 Like

3M Blue Painters tape. All. Day. Long.

Masking tape.
I cant believe there’s even a discussion on this.

1 Like

Cheers for the tip…I’ve literally been trimming the tacky bits off Post-It notes! Bought a roll of the 8.42mm wide tape and am trying it out on gear now :+1:

1 Like

Rubbing alcohol takes graphics off.

3 Likes

As an absolute statement that is absolutely wrong.

As a general rule printing inks are not soluble in rubbing alcohol. Acetone yes, metho no…

There are always exceptions and products created with sub-standard ingredients hence one should always spot test as recommended above but if I walk around my house and test 10 different printed logos on name brand mass-produced electrical items around my house none will be removed by light pressure with a kitchen cloth damp with iso-propyl alcohol. FACT

SONY
YAMAHA
ENSONIQ
SONY (again)
SONY (again)
BAYERDYNAMIC
BOSS
ALESIS
MARK OF THE UNICORN
LG
KORG
JBL

fridge logo, freezer logo, stove logo…

all just tested all will not remove with IPA

No…not wrong, I’ve done it a couple times. Not learning my lesson. So before you shut someone down, do a little research. :+1:t6:

Ignored

…just a suggestion; works for me :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

please anyone who wilts at the sight of a different opinion, backed with research, experience and a science degree should block me quickly… thankyou.

1 Like

I don’t want to start any fights, but please don’t put cheap beige masking tape on your gear.

3M tape is an entirely different matter. 3M stuff that is supposed to stay stuck, stays. 3M stuff that is supposed to lift, will still lift after a decade.

I have some of this on my OT right now.

2 Likes

Yep, removed a bit of the elektron logo on my OT with Isopropyl alcohol… wont use that again.