Length of envelope?

What is the actual length of an envelope? Does it correspond to the note-length set on the Trig-page?

And what does the LEN value on the trig-page correspond to? Is 127 a full bar? Or the length of the sample?

/thomas

Don’t know what the envelope values correspond to, although I also never really came across a situation where I needed to know precisely and where adjusting by ear wasn’t enough.

LEN on the trig-page corresponds to how long the trigger is active, think of it of how long you’d manually hold down the key on a keyboard. 127 would mean the trigger is held for 127 steps on the sequencer. It gets somewhat overridden by the settings on the amp-envelope though, if it’s not set to note length.

1 Like

When the amp env is set to Note (the default) for hold, then the note length parameter on the Trig page dictates how many steps the note is held for, so 16 is 16 steps or one bar.

Only INF is the whole sample (if talking about a really long sample), even one that has been set to loop forever (good for drones) but 127 is just quite a long release time. Not sure about how many seconds.

Edit: side note, I do find the envelopes quite short, but I guess that’s because the range is set more for it being a drum computer, whereas I’m not using it for drums. For more precision, you can set INF release then use a trigless trig later on to end the note at a point of your choosing.

1 Like