LFO 2 modulating LFO 1 depth behaviour

From the Digitone initial patch I have configured the following settings:

LFO 1 affects the pitch of all operators using a random waveform in HOLD mode, with a depth of 24.
LFO 2 controls the depth of LFO 1 using an exponential waveform in ONE mode, also with a depth of 24.

My intention was to have each note start at a random pitch, and then have LFO 2 gradually decrease the pitch modulation until the note reaches its normal pitch - i.e the pitch it goes to when I turn LFO 1 depth to 0.

I attempted this approach because adjusting the ‘fade out’ parameter on LFO 1 did not produce the desired results.

However, the current setup is not functioning as expected. I experimented with using negative depth for LFO 2, but it did not solve the issue.

I would appreciate any insights into what might be causing this behavior.

Does anyone know what’s going on here?

1 Like

not sure, my mind is elsewhere, not at gear - but keep in mind that the exp is unipolar and random is bipolar - so an attempt at cancelling out might need halving/doubling

try a different parameter and a regular shape, so if you can make sense of the depths, then extend to your desired params

just a quick thought on somewhere to poke around

1 Like

Do you mean you want the pitch to glide from random value to actual value?
If so, change LFO 1’s Depth to 0.00 (LFO 2 will control it so it doesn’t need a value) and change LFO 2’s mode to HLF and its wave to SAW. You’ll get something like this:

3 Likes

yes! nailed it