Liveacts

Hello there ! :wink:
Soo… Share your long liveacts with elektron gear!

I will be the first, this is the our last liveact with 2x Analog Rytm MK2 (mine and mine dude) and Octatrack MK2 as master mixer (dj crossfade) and master FX (lowpass+hipass+delay+darkreverb+bitreduction).

Enjoy!

6 Likes

Sounds great! I like the different camera edits! Here is an older jam that I just uploaded this week. It feature Octatrack, Digitone, and Machinedrum. Plus a little buchla!

5 Likes

Another opportunity to spam my last live set? Say no more! Octatrack is the crux of the biscuit here and several other pieces of hardware were used.

4 Likes

OT, DN, MC and a Drumbrute Impact. It was my first time trying OBS and all the weird overlay crap on my laptop camera. Also didn’t realize my vid transitions settings would cut out audio for a second. :man_facepalming: Still one of my fav jams that I’ve recorded.

3 Likes

was anyone else expecting audiences? I mean… I know we’re into year three of a pandemic and everything, and of course streaming your live sets is a thing. but I wasn’t expecting people in their studios for something labeled “liveacts.” :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Here is one of our Sessions

4 Likes

I guess you’ll have to take my word for it as mine is audio only, but there were a few dozen at my little show.

I’ve played to live audiences a decent bit during the pandy and as of late. I can’t speak for everyone here, but on top of setting up my gear, setting up a camera and audio feed is just too much for me to be concerned with in a live situation. Especially when I need to break down after the set as well. If I had someone to do it for me it would be lovely of course, but I just focus on playing/performing my set as best as I can. Not saying you don’t have a bit of a point, but it’s just much easier to record video for a jam when it’s all set up nice for you at home already. Hearing your set through cell phone video in the crowd would likely be awful as well.

3 Likes

all valid points! I’m more so just saying the thread title/focus is inaccurate.

2 Likes

Some years back played Techno in some Clubs with the OT, A4 and Virus TI. Used the OT mainly like a drum machine and it’s MIDI Sequencer to sequence the A4 and TI.

/https://mixcloud.com/MenageatroisMusic/debrix-live-ménage-à-trois-night-at-void-09062018/

Same setup but Dub Techno some time later:

/Stream DubTechno LiveSet, Octatrack, Virus TI2, Analog Four by Debrix | Listen online for free on SoundCloud

Meantime I’m mainly doing Ambient:

/https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZuWHwQPpsxFqZelbiTnKjCj7e5Slpn_5

P.S. I had to add a / in front of the links, due to some links not being shown at all. Maybe a bug of this forum…

2 Likes

I don’t have a problem with the thread title… we’re getting dangerously close to trees falling in the forest but just because someone isn’t there (physically or otherwise) doesn’t mean it’s not being played live… and that’s what I’m interested in. Then again, I always find it weird that any books about the history of dance music talk loads about the sense of community and belonging… I guess really when most folk talk about any live music. But I’ve always loved gigs and live music in spite of the audience… probably says more about me tbh…

2 Likes

Some highlight moments from a set I played (incidentally, in front of an audience) last fall in San Francisco:)

OT, DT, DN, Minitaur, AS-1, H9, Boum.

Full recording here:

6 Likes
6 Likes

…there are certainly quite some differences between a live set and a live act…

twiddeling knobs in ur homestudio in front of a camera and performing ur sonic skills in front of an audience are two vastly different things to do…

no matter if a pandemic killed a whole business for now…
a set is set, an act is an act…
and live means live, not realtime…

3 Likes

you right!

Great Liveact!!!

2 Likes