Loopers

32 bit vs 16 bit, more fx, routing flexibility, resampling, assignable knobs and buttons…
MKII has advantages, but it is more complex.

Both have faders, great for live.
Some fx like scater / beat repeat can be fun, and recorded.

2 Likes

I say RC-505 MKII all day long. But if you have the bread that DB4 and K2 combo looks pretty damn enticing. Also, there is a lot to be said on behalf of the Boomerang 3.

2 Likes

I love the RC-505. It’s not a like thing at all. But I’m still taking a long hard look at the Rang and the DB4. I currently use the RC-505 MKII, Line 6 DL4 MKII, and the KP3 (Korg Kaoss Pad 3), all of which are loopers. The DL4 is pretty incredible for looping honestly. That rang though. So ugly, but so smart.

2 Likes

I am seriously thinking about the RC505MkII or RC600… i have more floor space than desktop space, so I’m tilting toward the latter. Plus, glossy black and OCD seem like a bad combination… :thinking:

2 Likes

Maschine+ it’s a really great looper among other things. (Fx/drum/sequencer), it saves space and money.

1 Like

I will do a bit of research and then tell you why I think you might should be leaning towards the former.

1 Like

Yeah, okay, so you get an extra track on the 600, so that’s a plus, but the hands-on access to effects parameters is special on the 505, and you may even want more knobs (hook up a little midi controller). It’s my brain now, and everything runs through it. I play it though, like a performance mixer should be played. Is it possible to do all that with your feet? I’m sure it’s possible but I’m not sure if you will use the fx features to thier fullest with it sitting on the floor. Just my two cents fwiw.

2 Likes

There is not a single thing about it that I don’t just adore. I will do a more complete write up once I know it better, but it’s just a phenomenal machine and it changed everything for my workflow in the best way possible.

2 Likes

Good point. I’ve only ever used loopers that didn’t offer effects or other modern amenities.

1 Like

I wish my looper had the connectivity of that digitech jam man express xt where you can sync multiple individual jam-men just by connecting them with normal cabling. it’s like modular looping so you aren’t locked into a larger pedal array if you don’t need it.

The one thing I do like about my cheap looper is the wireless accessory pedal that allows access to tuner mode, engages and disengages the gate recording function which has to be manually reset if you mess up a take, and move up or down through any recorded loops at any point in the sequence of the recordings from the floor to queue up the next loop to start, because without those features the use of a looper pedal can be really limited to a jam and not to a set or a playlist (even if just for the purpose of jamming).

I also really wish my pedal had midi sync. it’s extremely difficult to start a jam with a looper and finish it with other gear that has more precision sequencing capability. But it’s such a cheap pedal I can’t really cry about it too much. I’m sure a looper with midi sync costs hundreds of dollars more.

1 Like

Really interested in how you use it-what do you have hooked up to it and how do you go about building loops with the new workflow you mention?

Looks like an awesome tool, and as you say really hands on and ‘playful’

1 Like

Faders ! Btw, is resampling post fader ?

1 Like

Okay. Ill try to make a video soon that shows my workflow off a bit. For now, how about a new song made (by my wife and I) with the RC-505 MKII, ZOIA, and the Model Cycles. We made it today. Really proud of it.

5 Likes

The fader automations are recorded into the resampling, so yes.

Actually, maybe I need to RTFM. I think so, but let me double check.

Please. Because RC 505 MKI faders behavior makes me think audio routing is particular, at least on MKI.

1 Like

I love this looper!

2 Likes

I like that it triggers differently as well. it starts on the release instead of when the pedal is depressed right? I wish it offered more than 10 minutes of rec time though.

2 Likes

I will, I promise. I started re-reading the manual earlier and had to take a nap. Gotta try again. Plus, I may need to watch some videos because things could have changed after the latest firmware upgrade and I may have to upgrade in order to test the functionality for you/everyone. And I will do all of this. I make beats, I write raps, and I take naps, that’s basically it. Oh, and I write articles, and read manuals. Usually when I read a manual, I also take a nap. These things take time. Thank you for your patience. :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Perhaps @JohntheSavage could assist?

Are you fluent in RC-505 MKii?

Whatcha gonna loop that needs more than 10 minutes of record time?

:thinking:

Cheers!

2 Likes