Loopers

I made my mind about the look, but I think it is too big. I sold RC505 MKI twice, but I miss its immediacy to record several loops and mix them quickly with faders, apply fx…
MKII added some improvements, controls, complexity.

IIRC on RC505 MKI you have to save (write) to keep your loops.

I wouldn’t count on that if you’re not comfortable with doing your own patches with Zoia. Modifying existing patches isn’t easy; you’d be very lucky to find one suiting perfectly you’re need. I’d like to be able to mimick RC505 with Zoia, but I am far from it, freezes since last update aren’t encouraging…

Did you check AEROS ?

Don’t get me started on the RC-300, which I received as a gift from my father on the eve of the RC-600’s release… the thing seems designed to provide a protective barrier between buskers and their crowds, and the bright pink … ooof.

Because it can really only sit on the floor, cannot recommend at all for looping with synths (works well enough for guitars and pianos, though)…

1 Like

I had it after RC50, simpler, efficient, but afaik it doesn’t have a good midi clock slave reputation. Does the job, resample possible with the sub out…

Limited drums, I found fx barely usable…but you go straight to the point with it.

Boss improved the drum part with newer models from RC5/RC500 more patterns, drum kits, variations, midi control of drum sounds with notes, and internal drums sampling (with RC505 MKII and RC600 at least)

1 Like

On the plus side, its shortcomings with drums got me to wonder and start researching what sorts of drum machines and synthesizers were out there these days… and that’s my Elektronaut origin story.

Nice idea to resample through the sub outs, though in my current setup with a table it’s ergonomically impossible to fit and use, so the RC-300 just comes out for the occasional jazz practice for me…

1 Like

Not only the reputation, it just doesn’t have clock sync although it is been advertised as having it (and despite having a MIDI In).
I struggled hard with it at the time i did not know nothing about MIDI before discovering online it was not implemented. Go trust the brand after that.