Looping clicks/pops

Finding the looping function not that great on the digi as it just makes clicks and pops,
Is there a fade or 0 point function I’m missing to make this work better?
Or strategy even?

Try to zoom in on the waveform and set the start and end points at spots where the waveform crosses the origin.

2 Likes

Thanks I will try this… still new to Digitakt didn’t realise possible to zoom…
a fade still would be nice!

There’s no crossfade or anything like that unfortunately, and without being able to zoom in on the sample display it’s hard to find a zero crossing. I just use trial and error (on both the start and end point), I can mostly find a spot that works OK

1 Like

You can only zoom in when you record a sample, not once it’s already on a track. Has been a feature request forever.

3 Likes

Oh ok thanks, a fade would make cntrl all loops sound smoother if it had it!

Guys, after a research on this issue I came up with nothing. Coming from the NI Maschine into the hardware world of Elektron, this is difficult to deal with. Maschine has a simple fade in option that solves the problem in no time. I don’t get why it isn’t implemented on the DT. The whole sampling procedure is AMAZING, I got to learn the whole thing in like 5 minutes! But then I started having clicks and pops at the beginning of each looping sample. I make a lot of ambient noisy stuff with samples from weird synths and modular and this is a big issue for me. I wish Elektron will take this seriously and add this feature in a future software update. Seriously bummed.

You can’t solve it with some ‘attack’? That gives you a fade in

2 Likes

Attack control on AMP page does the trick for me

2 Likes

Have you tried adjusting the attack on the envelope? I only sample my guitar but just a slight adjustment gets rid of any clicks for me.

1 Like

Attack, attack, attack!

I believe @DanJamesAUS and @ThanosF are talking about looping samples; adjusting the envelope won’t make any difference. Ideally there would be a cross fade at the loop point but that’s not available on the DT

1 Like

Guys I’ve tried the Attack from both the AMP page and the FLTR page. The sound is a continuous drone that changes pitch, so I was cutting the parts with the different pitches and setting them in different tracks. But I’m new to DT, so maybe the problem is with these particular sounds only?

hmm, if the sample is changing pitch making a smooth loop would be impossible I think. But if you’re talking about finding a section with a single pitch and looping that, you’ll need to tweak the sample start and end points - you can usually find a spot that for both that works with a bit of patience.

I think this may be one of those instances where it would be easier to help if you made a little video of what you’re trying to achieve, and how you’re going about it.

Can I upload a video in the forum?

I think you have to do it via YouTube. My advice might be stupid though, I’m just having a hard time getting a grasp on the problem from just hearing you describe it

Yes I get it. I’ll try to make a short video about, see what people think. Imagine I’ve recorded a pad with 5-6 notes playing together. Then I change the chord and have 3 chords in total with the same pad sound. Then I try to sample them in DT, active the Loop mode so I can make them really long. But everytime it starts the loop I hear a “click”. I’ve tried different start/end positions and setting slow attack but I still hear the click.

Maybe try recording a longer sample, that will give you more latitude to experiment with different loop points to try to avoid the click, and also reduce how often you hear it.

1 Like

I think spikysimon is on to something. Also try and cut the sample at a zero crossing point when you sample. The recorder sample view has zoom, which makes it a lot easier. Hoping they’ll implement it in the src section eventually

1 Like