Loopy Pro Has Been Released!

i haven’t tried the DN with the SP. Having too much fun with the iPad + SP :wink:

But audio over USB connected to a Digitakt is working with the MKII?

No, not unless the SP is a usb class compliant audio host, and i haven’t heard anything suggesting that it is. The DT and DN aren’t.

1 Like

I don’t think so. I was referring to audio over usb with the DT and LoopyPro, per the response to my LP+SP comment.

1 Like

<3 curious to try this one out.

I use loopy pro with my A4mk2 and AHmk2
It’s amazing! It conquers my OT heavily!.
But, I have this timing issue with the sync.
Tempo sync is perfect, but the input signal is a little bit late (It is only a few MSec)
When looping in Loopy pro, the loop fits perfectly. It is only input of the hardware synth, that doesn’t fit perfectly.
In Ableton, I can adjust Track delay to compensate this,
but can I do something similar with Loopy pro?

1 Like

Anyone know how to clear your MIDI mapping, either selectively or just starting again from scratch? I was playing around experimenting with my MIDI Baby 3 last night and seems like it’s all gotten in a bit of a mess with multiple functions assigned to stuff but no obvious way to clear the assignments without binning the project.

Assuming you have set your buffer setting to the lowest your device can handle easily (Hamburger menu -> Buffer Duration)…

While I haven’t tried this myself, I’m presuming you need to go here:

Hamburger menu (top right hand corner) -> Synchronization -> Offset Settings -> Input Offset (set to below 0 ms)

That should sort it. If not, set the offset to a positive value instead. One way or the other should make the loops in Loopy Pro be delayed compared to your hardware input, I’m just not sure which way round it is.

1 Like

I moved over to the BOSS RC 600
no issues with settings. Although it works well, I don’t feel good on settings with floating speed and latency. Loopy is really nice. but BOSS feels feels better to me (timestretching boss is quite disappointing though)

I’m really impressed with this app. I’m not really one for using iPad apps, but paired with my Elektrons this works great.

2 Likes

It’s the cats tits for sure.

2 Likes

There’s a new official video manual series started. This app is definitely among my future purchases; I’m just waiting until I have enough time to devote to it.

7 Likes

Does anyone know if there’s a way to setup a crossfade control in the UI? I’d like to setup a crossfade between a loop and the live monitor. Trying to do one knob transitions for drums without having to use two controls on a MIDI controller.

Yes , this can be done.
Map both colours volume to the same slider controller…but on one of them, set the start as 100% and the end at 0%, so it’s an inverse control.

These photos should help:

7 Likes

Not sure if this is of help to anyone, but relating to workable controllers for LP, I had set up an old Akai APC20 and a cheap and cheerful Akai Midimix. I found the APC pads to not work with all commands well and also the age of the unit means RGB functionality doesn’t exist, or even proper light feedback is hit and miss.

The Akai midi mix is very cheap in terms of the plastics used and the layout quite cramped, so my fingers can barely grip the pots without needing to squeeze hard to keep hold of them, so I’m sending this back for a refund.

I ordered a used Novation launchpad mini mk3 to see if that works better than the APC, with it being natively supported in LP, but the launchpad isn’t recognised properly on the iPad or on my PC. Something to do with USB firmware issues perhaps. It’s also very ‘mini’ and too small to use for me. I’ve sent that back.

So I’m back to buying a more expensive set of controllers to achieve what I need, which is pad launching, transport functions, undo/redo, channel faders with mute and solo and finally 3 pots per channel for DJ style eq. There isn’t a great deal on offer for smaller midi channel faders with 3 pots per channel, so I bought a Novation Launch XL which I’ve had before and sold a while back - nice quality and proper rubberised pots. I also ordered a Novation launchpad X, so hoping that will plug and play with the iPad.

They’re both a similar medium sized form factor and should work really nicely together. Both arriving tomorrow so I’ll report back on how they work.

I did look at an APC40mk2 used and new, but they’re a little too big for my space and also don’t have the faders and pots (not enough pots for my needs also) laid out how I want them.

1 Like

I can report that the Novation controller work like a charm. The Launchpad auto aligns pads/colours. I had to midi learn the transport/undo/redo buttons, but that’s it.
The Launch Control XL wasn’t plug and play so had to map everything manually, but that’s an easy job.
I’m very pleased with the integration and feel of the controllers.
Now onto some sampling, looping and general groove box joy!

5 Likes

Looking ace :+1:t2:, I’m still tinkering with my set up, I added the launch key mini today just to see, also have pure acid seq my MB33 and tested out drum computer as a seq for the Digitakt…kinda overkill now but exploring options and streamline over the coming days.

I’ve been eyeing an A4, but feel guilty as I don’t need it.

Enjoy your set up and post some jams :smiley::ok_hand:t3::loud_sound:

4 Likes

Thanks dude. Great setup and it’s always good to try different configs with iPad and hardware, as all sorts of top ideas sprout from a workflow change.
A4 is lovely; was actually considering selling the AR to get a second A4, as that’s all the drum machine you’d ever need, the sound design possibilities are so deep with A4, but I just can’t handle losing the AR as it’s such a fine all round groove box + it does sampling, so kit creation is great. The performance and scene modes are really nice too.

1 Like

is the ipad running through the USB on that SubZero?

1 Like

No it isn’t, but I it can, I use the subzero usb straight into my phone to record audio, or video with audio syncd so I don’t have to edit/sync audio afterwards. It would be awesome though to have any hardware plugged into the mixer and go into loopy.

Currently DFAM/Swarm go into Digitakt, Digitakt USB goes into hub and hub goes into iPad. I only added the hub as I want usb MIDI Controllers to control loopy.