Love some feedback on mix/master

Just finished this song, kind of happy with it, but would love some feedback on the mix/master. Don’t think it’s everyones cup of tea, but I think it’s a fun tune :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I don’t really have anything constructive for you because phone speakers but I like the track. Was gonna give up after about a minute, mainly because it didn’t really seem my sort of thing, then it very much became my sort of thing.
Gonna give it a blast in the car in a bit.

1 Like

If you are churning out mixes that sound like that, you no longer need to ask for feedback on your mixes.

As for the mastering, same.

Not my taste in music, but sonically very solid work. Hit the right audience and this will be popular.

1 Like

Yeah, you really don’t need any mixing tips from us mate.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, great to hear that I might be hitting the mark. One gets a bit blind after working on something for a while :slight_smile:

Hey folks, was gonna start a thread but decided to hijack this one. I’m trying to learn some mix / mastering fundamentals (roles of different EQs, mid/side processing, headphone calibration etc) and would love some feedback on my attempt at mastering a track. I’ve tried to use a light touch rather than throw the kitchen sink at it but opinions may vary. Please be brutally honest!

And even if you don’t know shit about mastering, just let me know how it translates on your listening device of choice. I’ve got no monitors and am doing everything on AKG K702s, with a couple of other pieces of crap for checking translation on.

Here is the unmastered track:

And the mastered version: