LYRA-8 Organismic Synth (for soundscapes, FXs, pads, complex textures)

Advanced user guide.

9 Likes

Exactly what I was looking for!
Thank you :pray:
:rofl:

2 Likes

That’s a brave Lyra owner there, the potential for my little man at that age to smash the shit out anything within reach was mighty.
He’s a very careful, conscientious and gentle little chap nowadays, thank dawg!

1 Like

He’s more careful with it than I am.

2 Likes

lyra is built like a tank though. I’m pretty sure it could survive a nuclear blast.

1 Like

It is and it could.

I wanted to record something along with the M:C but I‘m just not there yet. So if you’re bored you can listen to some more drones until my phone ran out of storage…

3 Likes

My three year-old mistook the Lyra-8 for one of my mic’d up percussion noisemakers and went crazy on it with a pair of drumsticks. Didn’t even chip the paint, they’re practically indestructible.*

*: I still moved it up out of his reach for the time being :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Used my Lyra-8 for many of the textures and pads in this. https://soundcloud.com/mukademusic/o-u-t-ea-r-v-1

2 Likes

That’s pretty banging, reminds me a bit of Photek’s early stuff. Nice to hear to Lyra being used in something outside the usual genres too.

Lyra! Ooof!

4 Likes

Lyra 8 on this project. Mostly its just the bass sounds in this. https://soundcloud.com/mukademusic/ge-nka-ku-v-fo-u-r-m-b

Dusted off the SH101 today and had a play around with some drum patterns I had made on the Octatrack. Just couldnt get it all to gel.
Noodled on the SH101 for a while. then looked at Lyra, and thought… I wonder?
A simple arp on the SH101… some drones from Lyra, insta-heaven.

2 Likes

Lots of Lyra-8 sampling inside.

4 Likes

very nice

Lyra-8 with a little bit of eventide space reverb/ jam on the octatrack/ accompanied by the dreadbox erebus/

4 Likes

Anyone know if I can run an instrument level signal into the lyra’s fx? I’d use a guitar or a contact microphone.
Much appreciated

Of course you can, but you won’t hear much, because there is no dedicated pre-amp built-in.

Ok thank you!

If your mixer has instrument level inputs then its sends should work. That or a DI box …some pedals have line outputs too

2 Likes