LYRA-8 Organismic Synth (for soundscapes, FXs, pads, complex textures)

Just “discovered” a small thing that facilitated playing the Lyra for me: to trigger a voice it is sufficient to keep a finger on any of the lower contacts - for me this allows more fluid playing. You probably already knew this, but I wanted to share anyway…

1 Like

Yes, i saw that in the Loopop’s video review! :+1:

Yeah that green one sounds like mine too. Maybe he had older ones or something.

1 Like

I also found on my Lyra that I can trigger a voice by touching the upper contact and the metal case instead of the lower contact, which probably means that the case is somehow under tension. Do your Lyras behave similarly?

EDIT: just received a message from Soma confirming that this is normal (“grounding the Lyra and triggering the sound”).

Ok! I asked Soma about possibly different sounding The Pacific Lyras. The response was that only color and packaging is different. Electronics are the same! Also that Lyra was modified few times in the past and that Lyras bought a long time ago has a little different sound.

1 Like

Yeah, mine is the same!

I don’t think mine triggers with just the lower contact though…

1 Like

You’d have to touch one of the lower contact, and then your marking the connection I think.

1 Like

Wonder how would a thousand-oscillator-Lyra sound…

The normal lyras get just as mean as the pacifist greens

2 Likes

Pink isn’t normal. It’s epic

2 Likes

Does your beautiful Lyra has a 3-position and/or switch and did you buy it?

I’ve noticed one more thing. Older Lyras have a plastic on/off switch instead of metal.

Ok! Now i know probably everything about Lyra i could learn, I’ve read every post on the net about it and seen every video on yt; now I’m ready to make my own music!:nerd_face::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
(my Lyra hasn’t arrived yet)

Are you definitely sure…?! :wink:

When’s it arriving, have you got long to wait? I’ve been waiting on my Eyesy to arrive for weeks and it’s driving me crazy :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Hehe of course not sure! jk :wink:

I’ve ordered a nuclear green Lyra directly from Soma EU; tracking says it should be here soon. :slight_smile:
Been waiting for 8-9 days.

You failed then because I enjoyed it,:slightly_smiling_face:

Still wondering where the confusion that there is a third and/or position comes from. Even the manual says there’s only two positions. There is however, a third position for the SELF/LFO. Is this what you’re talking about?

Is the old manual in which you can also see that in the Hyper LFO section instead of SYNC says LINK (in the text and schematics). On some older machines is also written LINK.
See Loopop’s video with a newer machine and you’ll see the middle position, he talks about it.

Weird. Mine says sync, is a newer model and only has and/or. No middle switch

Ive noticed those exist too. Probably models before the latest ones.