LYRA-8 Organismic Synth (for soundscapes, FXs, pads, complex textures)

Perhaps, not bothered by it though I guess. My light is red, instead of green too.

1 Like

Red light equals ANGRY! They’re better than the green light ones :wink:

1 Like

Ah… so for those that are interested… you can identify which version you have, mine is Version 2.4. If that means anything.

This is the inside of my Lyra. I am currently replacing a potentiometer.

It’s a work of art in here. Simply beautiful work.

7 Likes

Yes, I bought it this year in March I want to say.

1 Like

any chance you took some wider shots of the internals? would love to see the whole thing without breaking down my own lyra :slight_smile:

Just open her up mate, you can literally just take the back panel off and see the whole synth board. There’s only 3 boards in there. The synth, the controls, then the power and i/o board. Definitely the best synth to work on I have ever had.

Is anyone here aware of any mods to add an LFO CV in or out to the Lyra?

thumbing this article now
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=193522

Does anyone know of there’s something internally, that allows a way to adjust the global depth of the vibrato? The vibrato on mine is so strong, I never use it, which is a real shame.

1 Like

Not that I know of. I know each unit has slightly different speeds and there’s a nice surge and dip when switching it on and off. Mine are all a little too fast for my liking but I like flicking it in then back off to do momentary spazz outs

1 Like

Little jazzy number using Lyra and Digitakt.
DT is just supplying the drums, everything else you can hear is the wonderful little ménage a trois of Lyra, Analog Heat and Quadraverb. All improvised live, which is why it’s not so adventurous from an arrangement perspective.

7 Likes

Very saucy indeed. Approve.

1 Like

Lyra is great, as ever.
But also sick beat, love that.

1 Like

I really like the Lyra for adding texture but fuck me if it doesn’t make a pretty decent lead instrument too.

Ok! I’m glad I bought it! This thing is really something special! Well built and beautiful too!

4 Likes

Glad to hear that you’re enjoying it! ,:raised_hands:

1 Like

Here’s a new Lyra video, pitches controlled by the LFOs. It’s a gentle one, full of imperfection!

5 Likes

I have been playing with various tunings with my favorite scale being (lately) F Dorian, with the specific tuning being: F F C G Ab Ab Eb Bb. The repeated notes are an octave apart. Tuning makes the FM a little more manageable, but still it is Lyra-8 so it is always wild and enjoyable. Trying different tuning configurations makes it feel like a different instrument. Interested to hear others view on tuning and approaches.

5 Likes

Depends on the definition of “tuning” . If we mean tuning the voices to a pitch on the western equal temperament scale, then 99% of the time, I dont.

Some times I’ll tune in some nice intervals to play along with my mate that plays sax. But most of the time I twiddle the knobs until it sounds good. I dont really care what ‘note’ each voice is.

Works for me.

1 Like

Sorry, I didn’t qualify what I meant by tuning, but yes, I meant tuning to an equal temperament scale. For my noise music, I find going between tuned notes and untuned(?) notes help build and release tension.

I tend to wiggle the tuning knobs about until my wife comes in and shouts at me.

Tuned to the scale of marital discord.

6 Likes