LYRA-8 Organismic Synth (for soundscapes, FXs, pads, complex textures)

Violinist Rusanda Panfili posted a hotel room jam with Lyra-8 and Nightsky. Love the dance riffs starting at 2:33

9 Likes

Panfili seems to be really into the Lyra-8. No violin here. Ignore the one chap whining about the missing violin.

9 Likes

Damn I want a LYRA-8

(still)

3 Likes

Where did you get the panel and what extra is it bringing to regular Soma?

I don’t know if anyone needs another Lyra-8 demo at this point, but here is one, run through the cathedral reverb (from hammondeggsmusic) on a Korg NTS-1. Almost ten minutes long but I’ve tried to keep it moving along. Not my machine, only borrowed for a short time. No LFO, total FB and FB CV, bringing pairs of voices in and out with the hold knobs and FAST switches, tiny tweaks in the delay times and individual tune knobs.

6 Likes

Finally put together my Lyra-8 feature, talking about what I like so much about it, and what I was expecting -

7 Likes

Great video @cupfungus and totally agree with your summary on this. For me this is just a fantastic machine for techno

It’s the second time I have owned it-first time I didn’t get it aside from using it solo for ambient stuff, but since buying it again I have loved incorporating it with my other gear for techno.

This is this mornings glitchy jam which leans on the Lyra heavily (as does most of my stuff at the mo!)

2 Likes

It took me a while but I bought my first Behringer. Wondering what the filter input was for i hooked up Lyra’s output. That fun! By switching the TD-3 osc setting in between the waveforms the internal osc is off and nothing but 303 filtered and sequenced Lyra-8. Very rythmic patterns.
Might add that Lyra’s drive circuit sounds better then TD-3’s distortion too so the are buddies now.

I played Lyra in church. The natural reverb from the room is crazy!

6 Likes

Just got my second Lyra this morning. Must be a newer one (my first one is a few years old) and the bottom/sides are made of thinner metal. Still put together really nicely, but it doesn’t feel quite as tank-like as my OG, doesn’t make quite the same clunk sound when I put it down.

Sounds right though.

6 Likes

We don’t care about all that. Only need to know what colour it is.

2 Likes

Black, like my soul.

4 Likes

You sound like a Morrissey lyric.

“I wear black on the outside,
As black as I feel on the inside.”

Edit: sorry, I take that back. That is a low blow. Nobody deserves that…

2 Likes

“I’ve got two explosive kegs
Between my legs”

1 Like

Did he really say that? In an actual song? :joy:

1 Like

Worse, it’s a Die Antwoord lyric.

Anyway, here’s a picture.

15 Likes

Wow, that looks pretty terrific actually.

1 Like

Still working out a few ergonomic issues, but it sort of makes sense playing two at the same time, it feels more like an instrument.

2 Likes

Yeah, you can either set them up similarly, but tune them differently, giving you a wider range (in notes/frequency).

Or you can set up each one with its own unique type of chaos and get double the awesomeness.

Somehow I know which option you might go for…

1 Like

I’ve actually bought a tuner pedal, not sure whether I’ll bother but I watched a really good video about tuning Lyras and bringing out harmonics and shit and it looked like fun, so I’m going to give that a try, but on two and with some sort of stereo stupidness.

3 Likes