LYRA-8 Organismic Synth (for soundscapes, FXs, pads, complex textures)

Thanks for the support!

1 Like

This demo may have pushed me over the cliff to finally buy one. Just massive

2 Likes

Aw, Iā€™m glad you enjoyed it, and I hope you enjoy your new device! There is almost no design in what I did, save for ā€œOkay, time to change this up, letā€™s tweak something a little bit,ā€ with no idea what the result might be. Itā€™s a fascinating, mysterious, and sometimes frustrating box.

2 Likes

More terrible live footage from last weekā€¦

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid035uH9b9F3VHsCBSSuUScYVM24imrh742eqd1QV8yzaZspWrzYkvFcdwZZobqLQyQQl&id=100067194549359&eav=Afag0RuxlueLtGbTuPOXMAseLma7chsbu4RBH7Y43qnCNm1wyhjjMFbeANZJ9lvxBIU&fs=0&focus_composer=0&m_entstream_source=timeline&paipv=0

4 Likes

Awesome. The Lyra is killing that phone mic, which is a pity, but it gives us an idea. Great quote below the video as well.

2 Likes

I promise Iā€™ll record it properly next time.

I have no excuses at all for not doing it.

1 Like

Iā€™m gonna be honest, it just sounds like noise to me. But it is still awesome. I bet at volume it is immense.

1 Like

I mean, yeah, it is.

Hereā€™s a little practice recording I did a couple of nights before. It basically sounded like this, but really fucking loud. I donā€™t think I could do it justice just how powerful it sounds on a PA however I try and record it though.

Hardly anyone left during my set, which was a pleasant surprise, given it was the end of the night and I was completely different to everyone else.
Iā€™ve taken that as encouragement to go even harder next time.

13 Likes

Damn, that does sound massive. Come play in the Netherlands :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That would be a fucking dream.

1 Like

4 Likes

reminds me of some of my older industrial hardcore noise records from the late 90ā€™s! very tight!!! making me want to sit down with my lyra right now! I would have stayed the whole time too if my old ear would let me;)

1 Like

From the other video you shared, it looked like people were actually paying attention as well. Thatā€™s awesome.

1 Like

Well I was spoiled by the PA/sound engineer really.
Itā€™s always a bit of an unknown whether theyā€™re going to be up for it, but so far Iā€™ve found them to be really fucking into it and very understanding of how best to accommodate my needs without squashing everything to death.

3 Likes

Now I want to hear interviews with a noise music-conscious engineer!

Tape Op and Sound On Sound, youā€™ve failed me.

2 Likes

![NN 0-1|audio](

9 Likes

Fantastic

1 Like

Thanks for stopping any GAS for the Lyra-8 I still had

Sounded as unpleasant to my ears at it gets.

Was expecting something less agressiveā€¦ unfortunate.

Ok, so in future, if you see my little doggy face posting music, expect it to sound aggressive.

I make the music I make, if itā€™s not for you, cool, but donā€™t be put off gear because of it. I mean, I once made equally horrible noise with a Digitone, but itā€™s obviously good at lots of other stuff.

4 Likes

Thats every bit of gear ever. Pretty much.

If people realised just how mental their stuff sounds on a huge system, theyā€™d make a lot more tunes and buy/swap a lot less gear.

7 Likes