LYRA-8 Organismic Synth (for soundscapes, FXs, pads, complex textures)

Preach, moody synth Jesus, Preach.

3 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

It can be jarring, in can be haunting, it can be dreamy, though the latter may need some fx to achieve.

At this point im only putting this here to state that its now a goal in life to play this thing through a massive system, and i will be taking steps to see to that happening, if only just to feel it that way.

5 Likes

finally managed to actually record a bit of one of my gigs.

Just Lyra, with a bit of distortion, Compression and limiting.

10 Likes

Little video clip (awful quality).

11 Likes

If the camera were more head on, and the center of the psychedelic corona was a god head halo around you… Cult Leader Status.
Heavens Gate style

1 Like

Funny, one of the guys on the night said my performance reminded him of Shoko Asahara. Wasn’t sure whether he meant it as a compliment, but that’s how I took it.

1 Like

You’re looking like you’re doing something meaningful! :slight_smile:

Lol jk i like noiz! :+1:

1 Like

Nah, wonky halo. It fits.

2 Likes

just found this. from last summer.

3 Likes

Some more horribleness.

6 Likes

Your dog has a beard!

(Or should I say: your human has a beard)

1 Like

the last 45 seconds or so, it sounds like whatever has been trapped behind the wall of static finally escapes and unleashes it’s sonic mayhem on everything that was holding it back. This is music for really strong (and good) narcotics. I enjoyed the little journey it took me on.

2 Likes

and some slow random steamer. thought to d. lynch documentations, fascinating about this industrial stuff… :cb:

3 Likes

@OscillatorSink has a new Lyra-8, and after a long period of silence following Jamuary, has posted three studies (so far) to his YouTube channel. As usual, a thoughtful approach to the device, with some interesting technique. I hope to see him successfully integrate it with other equipment (so far it’s solo, which I personally never got beyond).

6 Likes

Geez, now I want to rent a few QSCs and irradiate my neighbor.

2 Likes

Is the lyra 8 only for drones/soundscapes or can you play shorter notes on it?

No.

Yes.

2 Likes

You can play pretty short notes on it. It’s not got super snappy envelopes like an old Roland, but with the right settings it’ll play well enough.

This video gives some good pointers.

3 Likes