LYRA-8 Organismic Synth (for soundscapes, FXs, pads, complex textures)

F*cking brutal… sounds like it’s screaming for mercy.

1 Like

I bet you could play a great techno set with a Lyra 8, reverb pedal and a drum machine.

1 Like

Indeed you can.
Ive done this, octatrack, Lyra and a boss reverb pedal.

I dunno if it was great. But it was loud.

7 Likes

Any recordings?

I think I’m going in. Getting a lyra 8 to accompany my Perkons and a blackhole reverb.

There are 4 Fast switches. Switch them all on to guarantee all short notes.

Oh and make sure the Hold knobs are not turned up too high

1 Like

You may consider the Strega as well. It is more on the controllable side, and can get real fat if you have something like an A4…

From my experiments with the Ornament Adapter, envelope behavior seems to be closely tied to gate behavior, which itself is carefully calibrated to vary in musically useful ways along a reasonable range of skin characteristics.

You can get faster gates if you trigger with gates from a sequencer. The easiest way to do this is with a Korg SQ-64 wired up to the Ornament Adapter:

(I plan on making and sharing recordings, eventually)

1 Like

Boooooooooo!

2 Likes

Not of the gig, but ive got some stuff with similar set up on here, everything except Colour Theory.

https://iamedger.bandcamp.com/

2 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue:

Actually, maybe you should too, @Fin25.
I bet you a beer that you’d love it!
Why haven’t you already, by the way?

That’s like asking a Ferrari owner why he hasn’t got a Peugeot.

2 Likes

I have played both, although I wouldn’t say I master the Lyra-8, far from it.
To me, Strega is definitely not Ferrari’s Pigeot 265.
Have you tried it already? It makes noise. :sweat_smile:

So does my microwave.

Difference is my microwave doesn’t look like my kids have been at it with a glitter pen.

1 Like

:unicorn: :rainbow::poop:

2 Likes

Exactly.

One day, I’ll get a Lyra-8.
And learn it just to know what I’m talking about.

But I’ll make sure to get some stickers on top and post the picture here until you think about a rainbow each time you touch yours.

MWHahahahaha

3 Likes

i could see myself playing the Lyra in this fashion. route the audio into Monomachine, have Monomachine play a drum pattern and let it all mix in a Dynamix machine for some Compressed goodness.

ive always been a bit tantalized by the Lyra, but i haven´t seen enough demos to convince me that it could actually work for the way i make noise. BUT, maybe that is a good thing. Lyra and myself would maybe sound very different from what we usually sound.

But when i think about it, i dont really need a new synth. im super happy with what i have, so ill just let Lyra sit in the back of my mind.

2 Likes

There’s some really special magic going on inside Lyra. When you think about everything that’s happening between the voices, it should descend into all sorts of speaker/ear blowing horror frequencies, but it never does. You always get something useable (and I mean useable in a very broad manner).

I dream of a world where the Lyra replaces the electric guitar and everyone is happy.

10 Likes

I agree. mine seems to have a mind/life of its own. its haunted. really weird stuff happens where i wonder if its broken (very fast pitch modulation with things at basically zero settings, no Mod knob activity or Mod destination, LFO off, Vibrato off… Mod knob has no discernable effect on anything…) only to have it revert back to “normal” later on in the evening, or after a power cycle.
The temperature has been pretty low here, Spring has been cold and wet so far, and i really think the ambient temp of the room changes the way it behaves too.
if my skin is dry…
If my skin is warm
a crazy and mysterious instrument, for sure.
I love it.

3 Likes

Right. Thats it.
I shall awaken mine from its slumber. It has been shut away for too long.

5 Likes