Macbook Users What are your favorite Ultra-Wide Screen Curved Monitors and sizes?

what are the things you look for, nice connectivity- maybe nice speakers, good price, any special features?.. what’s your optimal screen size, refresh rates etc…?

the wider the better and the ability for portrait mode

2 Likes

what the heck, and you gotta another one right next to it?

what size and brand is that?

LoL, that’s not mine. Desktops and displays are so 2000s

:grin:

Some of them have very nice usb hubs with usb 3.0, power charging and so on.

Picture in picture or picture by picture might also be useful sometimes if you ever need to connect two devices.

HDR is usually shit.

The more curved it is, the more fragile it becomes due to tension. Not that it’s super important but good to know.

Good vesa mount is important so it stays stable and does not wobble.

1 Like

unfortunately I can’t attach a vesa mount to my desk, need to be able to set it on the desk top

so it’s all about the hz whaaat?

$999 whaat? for a monitor?.. strictly for music?

I could buy two digitakts for that

Ok I’m kind of narrowing it down to these two choices… and this is strictly for music, no gaming… the Curvature is more extreme on the first one than the second one, not sure if that’s a plus or a minus but if you’ve any thoughts on this post up… I know that I definitely want curved just not sure if one is better than the other

SAMSUNG 49-inch Odyssey G9 Gaming Monitor | QHD, 240hz, 1000R Curved, QLED, NVIDIA G-SYNC & FreeSync | LC49G95TSSNXZA Model

or this one

still researching sheesh

I’ve had a 46" 32:9 and now I have a 24" 21:9

All I would say is get a 4K display, not a wider 1080p one at 49"

I can see as much on my 24" 21:9 as my older one because the pixel count is almost the same

It’s the 1440 high that gets you. My Macbook pros screen is 3880, so that ultrawide is actually only the top half.

Check out this 5k2K monitor for its resolution

1 Like

What’s it like using MacOS on such a wide screen? Specifically thinking about how there is only a single menu per screen for your application, always in the top left - it could be miles away from the window lol!

1 Like

are you using yours for primarily video over music by any chance?

I’m using mine for multiple windows. A mixture of office, photography and music.

1 Like

I’m having a time justifying these prices for a music only monitor, even under these cyber deals… but I definitely need the extra space

What’s it like using MacOS on such a wide screen? Specifically thinking about how there is only a single menu per screen for your application, always in the top left - it could be miles away from the window lol!

Depending on your keyboard and whether you use the Mac function keys, Fn+Control+F2 or Control+F2 selects the menu bar in the current monitor and you can navigate with the keyboard from there. I have 2 vertically stacked 3440x1440’s and rely on this regularly.

It’s definitely not perfect. An idiosyncrasy is that you’d expect pressing S to cycle you through the different menu sub-options that start with S, but I find it includes sometimes random options or won’t progress past some sub-section.

1 Like

I’m after a good 32” flat IPS monitor… any recommendations?

1 Like

I take it this guy does not like this monitor