Machinedrum M2 Vs Rytm MK2 + Syntakt

Hi there,

I’m not into asking advices about a gear as this is something really personnal but since I’ve got the Syntakt I didn’t use my Analog Rytm MK2. I just found that a local guy is selling a Machinedrum MK2 for 1150 euros (which seems to be a good price) and I’ve always been tempted by the MD !

I guess that the MD is more complementary to the Syntakt that the AR from which :

I don’t use the pads
I don’t use the compressor (Ableton or Elysia)
I don’t use the perf (I prefer doing my modulation in the box)
I don’t use samples (Ableton allows me to do layering)

So I’m just here to see if some of you have swapped your AR for the MD ? I know there are a lot of threads but this one includes the Syntakt to the equation :smiley:

Would be cool to get few feedbacks :slight_smile:

Thank you

It sounds like you’re not using some of the features that make the Rytm really special. I say go for the MD if you like how it sounds.

5 Likes

Indeed. I was doing it until I’ve start to make track in the soft :slight_smile:

I agree. sounds like it’s a great option for you. the RYTM should easily cover that MD price. if possible, hang onto the RYTM until you’re sure that you want to move on from it. but it sounds like it’s a good option for you.

3 Likes

There is enough overlap between ST and AR, so you will keep lots of bit from the AR.
And MD with this kind of metalic sound could be a good fit with the ST.
So yes, if you have enough listen to the MD and you like this kind of sound, it’s worth the try !

1 Like

MK2UW+ or MK2?

even for a MK2, it’s a good price anyway!

Now, if you don’t use AR + OB, don’t use samples, pads, perfs, etc… A MD will be a great addition (if you like the sound of course) but keep in mind the sequencer is less powerful than the ST/AR one so you may have to think about integrating the 2 boxes together (even though you seem to be working mostly in the DAW so perhaps it’s not that much of a problem).

ST+ MD= 28 tracks so you’ll have plenty of fun!

1 Like

This is a MK2 version.

Since I received the Syntakt I haven’t turned on my analog rytm because there are a lot of similarities in sound. The machinedrum will certainly bring more complementarities but it is not an easy decision :slight_smile:

Layering, modulation are made into Ableton which could help me to decide indeed !

Md uw mkii

Way more expensive …

Were you using Overbridge?

Not at all, going thru my Midas and UAD

1 Like

Get the Machinedrum. If used with a DAW it’s simply an amazing sound source.

Rytm was a boon to my setup when I played live and let me leave the Machinedrum at home (sampled loops into Octatrack), but I stopped using Rytm once I moved to doing more studio work with Ableton.

Sampling hits from Machinedrum into Ableton and using in drum racks with all the processing I want makes up for whatever features the Machinedrum lacks. Nothing else sounds quite like it.

1 Like

Syntakt + mkii rytm is great setup. You might find someone ok for the deal

1 Like

I will keep the syntakt but will probably sell the Rytm to funds the Machinedrum :slight_smile:

1 Like

Rytm sold and I should get the MD tomorrow, I can’t wait !

2 Likes