Machinedrum mastering DAW?

I have some trouble setting this up. I dont know what to expect either, will i be able to control vsts in my daw with md? This is very foreign to me and any help would be appreciated. I use the TM-1 to plug it to the computer. I use the TM-1 as Midi clock in my daw. Program and internal clock from the MD but the daw doesnt correspond to the md in any way.

Does anyone have any ideas?

You can use the MD as the master clock in your system, as you have already found. That means that the MD controls the tempo of what’s playing.

You can also control the transport (Start, Stop, Continue) from the MD if you have enabled the CTRL OUT setting in the GLOBAL > SYNC menu of the MD and set up your DAW accordingly.

You can use MID machines on the MD’s tracks to send MIDI Note, Program Change, and Control Change messages to the DAW. How your DAW reacts to those messages depends on how you set up the DAW.

Many people find that their systems work better if the DAW acts as the master and controls the external hardware gear, but that’s a choice for you to make.

Lastly, you didn’t actually tell us which DAW you’re using, without which we can’t tell you which specific features are available for you to control from the MD or how to set it up.

Thank you for replying. I use Renoise and i am unable to find any sync settings. I secondarily use Ableton and its easy to set everything up the way you mention, where Computer is Master but i would really like it the other way around since i like the workflow on the MD.