Machinedrum sps-1 mk2 question

Hi, i am thinking i would be better with machunedrum instead of Lxr, because i use A4, and xr is limited to 8 patterns before i have to switch it to next project to have next set of 8 patterns and so on… But A4 has 128 patterns in one project

I am hoping to slave machinedrum to a4 and simpli have 128 patterns in my hands befor i need to switch machines to other project, and that is probabli enough for a set of songs.

So , my question is how is the data structured in machinedrum?
Does it have Projects, Kits, Sounds and Patterns that you can save?

How many kits can one have in one project? Can i relate each kit to every new pattern?

thanks

yes. make sure you get a md with a plus drive if you want multiple projects available (on the md they are called snapshots).

128 patterns, but only 64 kits. kits are assigned to any pattern(s) you choose, but you need to work with this limitation.

The equivalent to a Project is a Snapshot. The basic MD has only one Snapshot but you can back up Snapshots and reload them from a computer. On a MD with a +Drive you can store 128 Snapshots.

The MD has Kits. The MD does not really have sounds but you can cut and paste sound settings between tracks and Kits.

The MD has Patterns in Banks.

The MD has 64 Kits in each Snapshot. Each Kit can be linked to a Pattern.

You can find a lot more useful information in the MD’s manual, which you can download from Elektron’s website support pages.

1 Like

Thanks guys !

1 Like