Machinedrum SPS1-UW X.04 Released [ Unofficial ]

seems a little odd. i don’t see the point then to have the selector at the bottom per track and global. that creates confusion. how about different swing for each track at different amounts as a feature?

Sorry!! I’m confused :flushed:

1 Like

It’s so that you can edit the swing trigs for all tracks at once if you want to, instead of having to do it 16 times. As I said, the UI is potentially confusing but it is clearly stated in the manual, it’s Elektron’s design decision/limitation and not really anything to do with this unofficial OS.

2 Likes

Hi folks :wink: firstly…

BIG THANKS FOR DEVELOPERS FOR THIS UPDATE!
TONAL MODE AND TRIG PREVIEW GAVE IT SO MUCH POWER. BEING ABLE TO TUNE EACH ELEMENT OF THE PATTERN IS ALL I ALWAYS NEEDED.

I had a funny story with installing OS X.04
I didn’t use turbo mode and the update took around 14 hours.
1 kb = 29 sec.
Anyway, could it make any future issues?
MD works just fine as always after an update.

But shell I reinstall it with turbo mode something, asking because I not sure extra oscillators sounds as they should.

:open_mouth:

Was your MD landed on Mars?

1 Like

Make sure you have “tonal” selected for the track.

3 Likes

Got this installed last night, it probably took about 20 mins using Sysex Librarian and TM-1 (but not in Turbo mode, I guess). It’s so fun and really gives a new lease of life to this amazing machine, thank you so much developers. Solo mode is especially awesome! Echoing the “is there anywhere I can leave a tip?” comments!

One tiny change I’ve always thought would be nice, is it the SOLO/MUTE text didn’t obscure the dials on screen when it is active but “minimized” (i.e. you touch a knob). Would be better obscuring e.g. the play icon under the tempo I think.

Would be super amazing if there was a button combo to mute a track without having to go in to the mute mode at all – I know Fn + Trig is taken for sound selection, but how about Bank Group + Trig to mute/unmute a track?

1 Like

Heh… no MD stayed on earth :smiley:

So changing pitch value of 2 = one semitone?

now it play chords :smiley:

And i’m blown anyway!!!

1 Like

SO if you did not use turbo, Why my update took 14 hours :wink:
Sysex Librarian was set at 10 % i thing of sped.

2 Likes

Thanks!! Was exactly that. It works perfectly!:slight_smile:

1 Like

mine took 5 minutes with no turbo midi :smile:

3 Likes

Ah I didn’t realise there even was a speed setting!1

So sorry if this was covered above, I thought I scrolled through the whole thread and didn’t see it - but I’m guessing I should do a full backup in case the new firmware doesn’t work? It won’t wipe or render useless any of my current projects, will it?

So excited to install! THANK YOU Justin V and team!

I haven’t seen anyone say they lost anything but the release notes do say you should back up just to be safe.

2 Likes

You should backup first just in case but no it shouldn’t wipe anything. I did notice that my patterns sounded different after the upgrade but it was just that the Machines had all been set to Tonal rather than Default, so it was an easy if time consuming fix.

1 Like

Great update, thank you so much !!!

That track was beautiful. As are the pillows.

As to the MD pillow: is warm and fluffy on its own or do you have to run it through a tube preamp before naptime?

:thinking:

2 Likes

analog heated blanket?

3 Likes

I run my Monomochine through my MD through and Electrix Filter Factory. It’s an excellent filter chain I must say.

1 Like

Chain reaction.

This one is more affordable than my previous post.