Machinedrum SPS1-UW X.08 Released [ Unofficial ]

What does Kontrol have to do with it. Sorry the MD is on Port2

I mean transferring the sysex through the Kontrol to the md at that speed
Never used a Kontrol. Not sure if you were just using it as a midi interface for the sysex

Iā€™m using a motu midi lite. The Kontrol is a midi controller.

Using port 2 of the motu, which is just listed as port 2.

Again, never had issue loading sysex to the MD till 5C

I may skip it. I noticed that (which ever version of 5 I have installed) the last 4 machine slots M1,2,3,4ā€¦trigs behave weird. They are out of sync.

Nothing has changed regarding firmware loading, that functionality is contained in the boot loader.

sincerely if you could make the notes appear on the screen in tonal mode, for example A instead of 64 it would be practical and exceptional

1 Like

what else have you got running on your computer? i found upgrades were quite sensitive to other stuff using the cpu, (disconnecting/reconnecting wifi during transfer failed the update everytime)

iā€™d try once more with nothing else open/active. for me this was stable with a 7ms pause.

1 Like

Well it wonā€™t install. C6 and Sysex Librarian end the upload but the MD sits at 2 lights to go and doesnā€™t finish. Soā€¦dunno what else to do.

@waftlord i shut down pretty much everything, but Iā€™ll try disabling wifi and Iā€™ll unplug my controller. But Iā€™ve never had to do so before.

But Iā€™ve monitored the install. The file is 1.7mb but in both C6 and SysLib the file shows as 15864kā€¦.as each light in the sequencer lights up it takes about 1000k. So it looks like it wonā€™t ever finish.

Hi, try to download the file again, it may be corrupt.
Try sending it with C6 and nothing else plugged into the computer and use a 30mS pause. and also just for the sake of it, use two midi cables that you know are good.

1 Like

Re download: I did
Re cables: I am
Re peripherals: I will
Re delay/pause: Iā€™ll give that a try

:+1:t6:

2 Likes

cross you fingers and pray tooā€¦
black-magic-to-get-love-back

1 Like

I was just noticing that the SysLib was set with a 150ms pause. soā€¦is that too long. cuz if 30ms in C6 is slowing it downā€¦I think SysLib woulda covered it,

I dunno wtf is going on honestly. I fucking simple process that become very time consuming.

Do you have the same issue when installing a factory os?

I was gonna try that next. Iā€™m using SysLib set to 30ms pause.

but I canā€™t help but question the data size. the file is 1700k, in SysLic or C6 its 1564k, and as I watch the progressā€¦that seems too line up with the trigs in the seq. when I hit the mid point its at 900+k which means there isnā€™t enough left to make it to the end.

waiting for the 30ms pause attempt to finish. and its looking like it wonā€™t make itā€¦OR MAYBEā€¦
1 trig left and what looks like enough dataā€¦

you called it! the pause was set too high in SysLib.
thank you! :+1:t6:

NOTE: when updating these relics, make sure you change the default setting of 150ms pause in SysLib to 30ms-ish pause.

2 Likes

Glad you got it working. Spend many years with this machine and found that 30-60mS is a good setting. However I only ever used the TM-1 and C6.
When transferring samples I also tend to add some pause, otherwise the chance of the files getting corrupt is pretty high, but that sometimes leads to some interesting results as wellā€¦

I have a good tip for anyone looking to do recording of parameter changes like the modern machines, basically add a CTR-8P machine, assign the parameter you would like to change, this also goes for midi controls (You need to add a midi machine first and set it up) Now you can press and hold down the knob while recording and your changes will be recorded live. Also note that you need to activate all steps in the sequence to make it ready for recording, that is if you want to record on all steps. Itā€™s kind of like the modern Elektron machines, but with some stepping as you can imagine, but the result is kind of fluent, this also means that you can make sort of long envelopes and LFOā€™s inside the CTR-8P machine. Have fun.

(PRESS AND HOLD WHILE TURNING THE KNOB!)

nice tips, slides can smooth this out

Most definitely, from my head I dont remember if slides are available directly from the 8P, but I am pretty sure

same here have had it since mk2 uw came out. only used tm-1 a little, but my Mac started to hate it so I stuck with din. but only till just yesterday did c6 werd without having to adjust anything. and it was the first time mucked with SysLib. I figure I should get used to it, as ill have to do the big sur or monterey update soon.

anyways thanks again. yet another lesson learned today :+1:t6:

I just updated mine with SysexLibrarian (default settings) and a TM-1. No problems (was a bit nervous reading all the storys above). Seems they can be a bit picky.

1 Like

The TM-1 also has problems with win10, I dont think itā€™s supported anymore what so ever, for me it still works when nothing else is plugged in

2 Likes