Machinedrum UW Memory Capacity

Hello !

I guess that the question hase already been submitted but… I was wondering how many packs from the website i could load into my MD UW, how many Mo does the machine have ?

Sorry for my english

Best from France

mané

What do you mean with Mo?
Anyway…if the MD is a non +Drive unit, you can load only one Pack
If it’s a +Drive equipped one, then you can load up to 128 Packs (or, better, Sample Banks) linked to 128 Projects.

My MD was non +Drive. A couple months ago I decided to gift her (and me) with a +Drive!!!
Yo!!

Hello

I bought the MD 2 days ago so i am not a pro…

• I have the regular SPS1-UW not UW+.

I just wanted to have more informations about the intern memory of the MD :slight_smile:

I have so many questions about the samples actually… :smiley:

oooh…Mo=MB…so: 2,5MB

It is sort-of shared with the RAM memory…

1 Like

Yes sorry it didnt come to my mind to translate Mb

Have fun with this beast!
I still love it a lot.

And do not miss the many useful videos around. And don’t miss the Elektron Next Level document…or, at least, this:

Thank you for the answer :)… so it is actually pretty poor in Mb

Poor in these days, but limitations always bring beautiful things if pushed

yes :sunny:

And i just noticed that i need the TM-1 to transfer anything from the computer to the MD. Is that realy necessary ?

TM-1 is not necessary, it makes those transfer 10x faster though.

Try to contact elektron for +drive update also, maybe the price is not so high anymore.

1 Like

The +drive allows you to store 128 snapshots, 1 snapshot is basically what you have in the non +drive machinedrum memory (all samples, all patterns, all kits).

Thank you

So if i resume,

• the regular SPS1-UW allows me to add only 2,5Mb external data (wich is basically nothing).
  • the UW+, allows me to add 128 shots but its not related the pure Mb data ( just to add 128 places for data)

I am realy into ambient stuff, so i would love to add some fieldrecording shots etc.

Also the best way to use external sound would be to sequence directly audio from a Zoom, for exemple and record it directly in my DAW. I also love my MFB Nanozwerg and i thought i could load samples from it, but the best way appaears to be to sequence it in the MD and record the whole thing outside the both machines… Right :smiley: ?

Thnak your for your time , i realy appreciate it

2 Likes

Nearly 10 years since that vid. Wonder how many MDs it’s helped sell.

1 Like

ALot!!!