Make Noise Strega

What does Make Noise systems generally focus on ? West Coast synthesis, unconventional sequencing and sample manipulation with effects.

What hasn’t already been donne ?

Please please please.

1 Like

tuned feedback seems really plausible to me. they haven’t riffed on Mysteron yet.

I’d bet it’s a hybrid analog/digital waveguide synth where the tuned feedback can be excited (“activation”) by touchplates, external signals, or the analog oscillators. and maybe the delay time range is wide enough that it can be abused as a delay effect, too.

so, think more Madrona Labs Aalto than any attempt to cram an Easel, let alone any meaningful part of a 200e system, into a small desktop unit

also - mysteron is fully discontinued, too.

7 Likes

t/F = travel Filter?

If it is indeed a waveguide-based synth, a look at the Mysteron manual indicates that there seems to be a connection between the type of waveguide and feedback (if I understand correctly)… hence t(YPE)/F(eedback) ?

3 Likes

Had not seen this image but the schematic of the circuit depicted below t/F suggests it is a knob to control the volume of the signal input of the circuit controlled by this knob ( a delay line?) relative to the volume of the feedback loop.

and again that would go well with a Mysteron-in-a-box, ahah, where you could send a sample of your choice as an input signal to the delay lines. Woohoo! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks like a lowercase t (or a cross?), and the F is capitalized. I thought about Marbles.
t=torsion, period, time, top/truth quark, a spectral type. Type?
F=force, Helmholtz energy, spectral type. Filter? Feedback?

I’m done.

1 Like

t = 1/F

1 Like

t ime/F un

1 Like

transaction / Funds = 0

13 Likes

transaction / Funds = 0-hope?

5 Likes

west coast (buchla) , serge , wiard , wonky effects , music concrete and some really interesting unique ideas. Its a great mix of styles

3 Likes

I thought you guys were totally off the deep end here, but Lines even has a mockup from the Cortini-shared clips…

14 Likes

I said this once already but deleted the post as I wasn’t sure…

I don’t think the fact the T looks lowercase is relevant. If you look at the first picture at Something Brewing at Make Noise - #152 by HoldMyBeer you’ll see that the Ts in the middle of “Activation” and the one at the start of “Tones” look the same, and the Ns in both words are uppercase, and so’s the E in Tones and the second A in Activation. I don’t think the font used on this device differentiates between uppercase and lowercase, everything’s uppercase, but the T happens to look a bit like a lowercase T. So I don’t think the distinction between t/F and T/F is relevant, it’s just the design of the font.

1 Like

make noise sure are going crazy with the wild card parameters now with those big question marks

4 Likes

I like it! To be super anal here, there are different letters sometimes (though you’re spot on with upper and lower case being consistent). For example, look at the two ts in Activation.

1 Like

I think the two inputs to strength section is actually the upper left hand corner where there’s a red ? and circle now (seen Pantera pic, lol I’m repeating myself now)

Annnnd the section under the filter section has to be the envelope section.

Finally towards the upper right hand corner you could add the cross in/triangle out/choppy out section.

they’ve followed a wise man’s example for their module planning:

8 Likes